Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

AOU performance was disappointing but in terns of sequel drop admissions it's not bad compared to ther big films sequels

Also IM3 and CA:WS had better bo compared to their predecessors because of TA (and in CA:WS's case it's quality). So AoU was not a normal sequel as in it was the first movie from the same universe after TA. There were 2 movies from the universe already that got benefited from TA. If after TA it was directly TA2/AoU, it's bo would have been bigger.

• Like 2

I do not think AoUs BO is disappointing at all.

To me it seemed too many pro-websites... got 'infected' with ... I do not know, social media over the top posts and counts or what ever?

I read about $440m up tp $567m long range forecasts for dom before that... strange hype-boost happened.

I mean does that really say 'disappointing' to, like a few posts here sound, bad?

Avengers 2: 1 May 2015 RT: 74% av.6.7 (aud.4.2/5 – 87% liked it)

(OW $191.27m *~2.389  = $457m – bud $250m * MP 5.59 = ww $1398.5m)

In comparison:

Avengers: 4 May 2012 RT: 92% av.8.0 (aud. 4.4/5 – 91% liked it)

(OW $207.4m * ~3 = $623.35m - bud $220m * MP~6.81 = ww $1,518.6m)

HV dom ~ $226.4m

Too me it looks a lot like mass-movement created disappointment about the BO here in the dom area of the forum, but not at all other places elsewhere. It got received not the same way as it's predecessor (sp.?), no question, especially critics and their rating wise (audience ratings not so much differences),... but for me a 'disappointment' doesn't have an MP of 5.59, especially considering that:

It was able to increase admissions internationally with IMHO rather very good percentages, as it was able to counter the horrible exchange rates changes in Europe and Russia....beside e.g. 3D ticket prices at least in some countries decreased also... and still increased the international part of it's BO over $45m.

I also think the mood in the movie (as a part 2 of a bigger story arc) and some other details added to the not-so-'uplifting'-to-rewatch as part 1 was for a lot of people according to posts and discussion I read/had, beside the critics details.

A bit like in winter, when the Hunger Games part whatever didn't make as much as some expected and then cried failure. And some other details, why at least me didn't expect the same numbers as Avengers 1 gained even before the critics gave lesser ratings.

Ant-Man had a smaller budget than CA 1.... and ww might also get higher results (it's only out in 51 markets) as such I think it's MP (for me not OW to dom, but budget to ww) might be a better one, even if it misses the numbers CA 1 made domestically

CA 1: 22 July 2011 RT: 79% av.6.9 (aud. 3.7/5 – 74% liked it)

(OW $65m * ~2.71 = $176.6m - bud $140m * MP~2.647 = ww $370.569m)

HV dom ~ $107.414m

Ant-Man: 17 July 2015, RT:79% av.6.8 (aud.4.2/5 – 91% liked it)

(OW $57.22m *~2.309  = $132.14m – bud $130m * MP 2.243 = ww $291.648m)

HV dom ~ $m

• Like 1

Ant-Man's a solid success. Marvel would love to have C-tier superheros perform like Ant-Man and probably have their own ensemble movie. Gives them a sub-franchise in parallel with movies that can be profitable with a relatively lesser budget. The profits will be less too but if they churn out a few of these and keep the franchise fresh, giving the big characters a break once in a while, it's a huge win and adds longevity to the universe.

• Like 3

Wouldn't AOU have made more WW than TA with a better exchange rate?

Not bad for a franchise that peaked 3 years ago.

see above, it made ~ $45m MORE internationally than part 1 beside the exchange rates for Europe being down (today 1 Euro = $1,09, at e.g. 8 May 2012: 1 Euro = $1.303), Russia even way worse and parts of Africa and decreased 3D ticket preces and so on....

Yeah crumbling...on the OW so many claims that JW legs won't be anywhere near Avengers after such a record breaking opening...the Avengers was loved by people and JW won't be able to get the same love from audience and the repeat business like Avengers...but now we are here discussing about Titanic...crumbling baby crumbling 

JW has already surpassed TA's multiplier as well. The OW is now 33.1% of the total compared to 33.3% for TA.

• Like 1

We'll see how it holds up against FF but 200m could be in play. Worst case scenario is 175m which is decent for the genre, was hoping that it would top GP but 600m OS and 800m WW look likely, career best WW tally for Cruise and if MI6 comes out in 2017, riding on the goodwill of RN and possibly marketed as the final mission, 1 billion could happen.

We'll see how it holds up against FF but 200m could be in play. Worst case scenario is 175m which is decent for the genre, was hoping that it would top GP but 600m OS and 800m WW look likely, career best WW tally for Cruise and if MI6 comes out in 2017, riding on the goodwill of RN and possibly marketed as the final mission, 1 billion could happen.

The irony is if MI6 made a billion there would definitely be an MI7. So saying MI6 was the last would end up being a lie.

• Like 3

Paper Towns entire run will only end up doing a few more million than The Fault in Our Stars opening day.

That's insane.

I knew Paper Towns wasn't going to come close to Fault when I saw the trailer.

Looked pretty corny and dumb.

The irony is if MI6 made a billion there would definitely be an MI7. So saying MI6 was the last would end up being a lie.

I see MI going on and on like bond, in the future even with a different lead.

I do not think AoUs BO is disappointing at all.

To me it seemed too many pro-websites... got 'infected' with ... I do not know, social media over the top posts and counts or what ever?

I read about $440m up tp $567m long range forecasts for dom before that... strange hype-boost happened.

I mean does that really say 'disappointing' to, like a few posts here sound, bad?

Avengers 2: 1 May 2015 RT: 74% av.6.7 (aud.4.2/5 – 87% liked it)

(OW $191.27m *~2.389  = $457m – bud $250m * MP 5.59 = ww $1398.5m)

In comparison:

Avengers: 4 May 2012 RT: 92% av.8.0 (aud. 4.4/5 – 91% liked it)

(OW $207.4m * ~3 = $623.35m - bud $220m * MP~6.81 = ww $1,518.6m)

HV dom ~ $226.4m

Too me it looks a lot like mass-movement created disappointment about the BO here in the dom area of the forum, but not at all other places elsewhere. It got received not the same way as it's predecessor (sp.?), no question, especially critics and their rating wise (audience ratings not so much differences),... but for me a 'disappointment' doesn't have an MP of 5.59, especially considering that:

It was able to increase admissions internationally with IMHO rather very good percentages, as it was able to counter the horrible exchange rates changes in Europe and Russia....beside e.g. 3D ticket prices at least in some countries decreased also... and still increased the international part of it's BO over $45m.

I also think the mood in the movie (as a part 2 of a bigger story arc) and some other details added to the not-so-'uplifting'-to-rewatch as part 1 was for a lot of people according to posts and discussion I read/had, beside the critics details.

A bit like in winter, when the Hunger Games part whatever didn't make as much as some expected and then cried failure. And some other details, why at least me didn't expect the same numbers as Avengers 1 gained even before the critics gave lesser ratings.

Ant-Man had a smaller budget than CA 1.... and ww might also get higher results (it's only out in 51 markets) as such I think it's MP (for me not OW to dom, but budget to ww) might be a better one, even if it misses the numbers CA 1 made domestically

CA 1: 22 July 2011 RT: 79% av.6.9 (aud. 3.7/5 – 74% liked it)

(OW $65m * ~2.71 = $176.6m - bud $140m * MP~2.647 = ww $370.569m)

HV dom ~ $107.414m

Ant-Man: 17 July 2015, RT:79% av.6.8 (aud.4.2/5 – 91% liked it)

(OW $57.22m *~2.309  = $132.14m – bud $130m * MP 2.243 = ww $291.648m)

HV dom ~ $m

This post makes too much sense. Stop making sense when it comes to aou please.

For the record Avengers part 2 is a vicious life sucking in sequel from which there is no escape. It's a massive step down from the brilliance of the first one. It was lucky to make what it did based on goodwill from the first

• Like 1