CJohn

Bad Boys: Ride or Die | June 7, 2024

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

To put it as politely as I can, I do not think India buzz has any relation whatsoever to American buzz about an American movie

This. Quite the reach to say buzz in India reflects on buzz here in the US.   I still would like a answer to the question how have these movies done there.

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

People on Letterboxd saying it's miles better than the 3rd one. Will Smith saving summer box office again

The trailer looked it, 3 was decent but 4 looks like it's upping the crazy ala BB2.

The trailer tagline was "Summer Begins with Bad Boys". When I did the "Bad Boys For Life" Thread, I knew it would be a success but it ended up winning 2020 Domestically (Yes the Pandemic was a factor but it's still cool it won the Year as a R-Rated film).  The Franchise hasn't been in the Summer since 2003's "Bad Boys II".   I like the release date. "The Crow" already moved out the way so it should be smooth sailing.  Tracking is at 50-60 right now.  So we shall see.  Like the "John Wick" Series, each "Bad Boys" films did better than the previous one.    The last one did 62 OW back in 2020.  I'm hearing great news from the "Screenings", a lot of "Crowd Pleaser" responses.   Right now if it goes above 62 that would be a nice improvement.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

That was like the last blockbuster before the pandemic hit. They were shrewd to give it an early release, and it will always carry a note of poignancy because of that for me.

"Bad Boys" and "Sonic" were like the last normal box office runs before the Pandemic and they both were still hurt by it.

That last film sucked so bad that it put me off the idea of paying to see a sequel. The RT score is gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting to get me outside.

18 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

"Bad Boys" and "Sonic" were like the last normal box office runs before the Pandemic and they both were still hurt by it.

Bad Boys had pretty much played out by the time theaters shut down.  It might have made another 10 m at the most. Sonic more so was affected probably and even that probably had made 90% of it's money by that time. 

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

That last film sucked so bad that it put me off the idea of paying to see a sequel. The RT score is gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting to get me outside.

76% from critics and 96% Audience score. Yeah it really sucked....

21 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

76% from critics and 96% Audience score. Yeah it really sucked....

I personally don’t recall taking part in any of those polls.