CJohn

Bad Boys: Ride or Die | June 7, 2024

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

I would laugh if they bowed the trailer during the Oscars for obvious Smith-related reasons.

That would be funny. Trailer Seems more likely to come with Ghostbusters. 

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

If they were still doing major fiming as of last week, no way will it be ready for a June release date unless they really cut corners in postproductin, which imho would hurt the film.

Filming on this began in April last year, 3 months before the strike began, so it's safe to assume the majority of the movie was filmed before that and whatever very little they had to finish filming is being done now. A June release seems more than plausible, especially since they certainly worked with what they had in post during the few months of industry shutdown.

Yeah from what I'm hearing is these are mostly "Reshoots" and the film was pretty much done last year.  Anyways, June 7 is a much better release date.  I didn't like it going up against "Inside Out 2".  Pixar is still Pixar even though they've been more on a downward trend as of late.  Children's summer films always seem to do pretty well.    "The Crow" is a niche cult audience but not a threat for Bad Boys to win the weekend.    50 Million is probably the floor right now but with Summer weekdays I think it won't drop much from "Bad Boys for Life".   This is the quickest turnover for a film in the franchise that's basically 30 years old now.

BB - 95

BB II - 03 (8 Years later)

BB III - 00 (17 Years later)

BB IV - 04 (4 Years later)

Edited by filmscholar

This is opening 3 months from today. Will be one of the shortest turn arounds between getting the first trailer and release date. I assume we will get one in the next two weeks to go in front of Ghostbusters and this is a presold franchise that does not need to up awareness but still Sony gonna Sony I guess. 

Looks like another fun "Bad Boys" Film.  Should be a crowd pleaser though these movies are R-Rated.   Will definitely win on June 7th over "The Crow" remake.   Then have a nice 2nd frame on father's day weekend against "Inside Out".