kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

48 minutes ago, Nova said:

Just tried to watch Open Water again....I couldn't get through it. Hell to the no. 

Favorite Shark films:

Jaws

The Shallows 

Open Water

Deep Blue Sea 

The reef 

Because it's unsettling? Or just not your type of movie?

27 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Open Water us hard to get through because it's so damn scary. 

3 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Because it's unsettling? Or just not your type of movie?

Because it's so unsettling and scary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75live said:

I liked Open Water, nowhere near as much as some in here, but I do recognize why people do really like it.

I think for a lot of people it's just not Hollywood enough. Besides them floating around in the ocean there was nothing else and for the GA that may seem too boring. But for some, it's like their worst fear. 

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer said:

Shark week starts tonight!!

I've been watching Discovery channel all day to lead up to it :D  they are showing some of the older shows

• Like 1

Saw the 2:30 show with a surprisingly packed theater.  Like, almost all the upper seats sold out and a few of the bottom rows.  Enjoyed it, overall.  The ending got some laughs, but I think some of that was tension release (some was what happened though, because...yeah).  There were some parts that made me side-eye it, but I guess there isn't anything more ridiculous that what's in Jaws.  Certainly not more ridiculous than what was in Jurassic World.  Lively did a really good job, I thought.  She wasn't superwoman, didn't do stupid things just for the sake of drama, etc., but was smart and quick-thinking.  I was entertained.  

The trailers in front of it, though.  Ouija?  Some movie about kids getting stuck in a house with a blind maniac?   Some chick with Horror Movie Hair of Evil (TM) who lives in the dark?   I don't see many horror movies, so I guess I'm totally out of it, but really?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabrecmc said:

Saw the 2:30 show with a surprisingly packed theater.  Like, almost all the upper seats sold out and a few of the bottom rows.  Enjoyed it, overall.  The ending got some laughs, but I think some of that was tension release (some was what happened though, because...yeah).  There were some parts that made me side-eye it, but I guess there isn't anything more ridiculous that what's in Jaws.  Certainly not more ridiculous than what was in Jurassic World.  Lively did a really good job, I thought.  She wasn't superwoman, didn't do stupid things just for the sake of drama, etc., but was smart and quick-thinking.  I was entertained.  

The trailers in front of it, though.  Ouija?  Some movie about kids getting stuck in a house with a blind maniac?   Some chick with Horror Movie Hair of Evil (TM) who lives in the dark?   I don't see many horror movies, so I guess I'm totally out of it, but really?

As someone who hated the first Ouija, that one looks sick. It's a completely different director and it shows in that trailer. It's from the same guy who did Hush and Oculus.

The other ones Lights Out, co produced by James Wan. And yeah the Sam Raimi produced blind maniac thing looked sort of interesting.

• Like 2

last night there was three hours of programming about sharks on the Discovery Channel. Now I don't think that was all considered Shark Week programming, was it? That last piece about the great whites in Australia. God damn those things are so intimidating and so frightening looking. They showed some 16-foot great whites last night those would absolutely make me piss my pants if I was in the ocean.