CJohn

The Star | 17 NOV 2017 | Sony Pictures Animation | Twerking doves and stealing Lone Ranger jokes in the trailer on pg. 5 | Re-releasing this year on December 7 & 8 (don't ask)

9 hours ago, YourMother said:

The holiday season for family films is looking like 2011 all over again. And only 2 did over $100M.

Coco = PIB

Daddy's Home 2 = Muppets/Hugo

The Star = Arthur's Christmas/HF2

Jumanji = Alvin 3 

Ferdinand = Tintin

Star Wars is technically gonna be a family movie. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Rated PG for some thematic elements

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Interesting. No usual rude humor or mild action.

*emits sigh of relief after seeing "No rude humor"*

*then sees Thematic Elements*

:jeb!:

*eagerly awaits the next trailer, for a glimmer of hope has emerged*

• Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 9:05 PM, slambros said:

That's exactly the point! This is a story that people need to hear- or, at least, be reminded of.

Because there's NOTHING that reminds us of this story ever.  Because we know how much most Christmas songs on the radio aren't about pretty much this.  It's not like we can go out in public and find decorations of baby Jesus.  It's not like most Christmas films for kids ever touch on this theme.

34 minutes ago, Sal said:

Because there's NOTHING that reminds us of this story ever.  Because we know how much most Christmas songs on the radio aren't about pretty much this.  It's not like we can go out in public and find decorations of baby Jesus.  It's not like most Christmas films for kids ever touch on this theme.

But it is like a majority of the population unfortunately takes the story for granted.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:11 PM, slambros said:

But it is like a majority of the population unfortunately takes the story for granted.

Can't "take it for granted" if you're from another religion.  You have to deal with it being shoved in your face for two months regardless of whether or not you believe in it.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 1:13 AM, Sal said:

Can't "take it for granted" if you're from another religion.  You have to deal with it being shoved in your face for two months regardless of whether or not you believe in it.

Some people may not believe in the story, but this story has passed the test of time, enduring the hands of those wishing to silence it for 2,000 or so years, for a reason.

This isn't rudolph or santa claus or frosty or anything like that. Those consumerist entities are far below the level of what we're talking about.

This is the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. Mary, Joseph, the angels, the shepherds, the wise men, the star in the sky, the trek to Bethlehem, the inns with no vacancy, the manger, the wooden crib, the child who Herod failed to kill during his egotistical seige, the child who would resist the temptation of the devil, the child who would feed the 5,000, and calm the seas, and heal the lepers, the child who would be beaten beyond recognition as a human being before being sent to die- excuse me, suffocate- on the cross, the child who would pay for our sins and defeat the grave.

The nativity story is important because it is the story of that savior coming into the world. He, as our Lord, had everything he needed in Heaven. But Jesus loved us enough to come into the world in a fleshly body, and the nativity, the manger, this was the first time Jesus was in the world as a person like you and me.

So even if you view such a story as pretentious or annoying, I want you to know that the ones who do believe in the truthful story of the nativity will never be silenced in regards to spreading the most beautiful story of all time. You can bury the workman, but the work will go on.

Sorry for ranting, but the message seemed to spill out of my fingertips.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, Jonwo said:

It's not going to make $90m total, never mind $90m OW. 

It will be lucky to get more then 50 total.

I am still amazed people don't get this is a niche film aimed at the faith audience. Sony is not making much of an effort to sell this thing outside the base. It was never intended to compete with Coco or any other major release animates film.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, slambros said:

That's exactly the point! This is a story that people need to hear- or, at least, be reminded of.

It's not like we don't get reminded of the story every December.......

Get this: Most people know the whole story of Jesus Christ. It is just that many of us can't buy it as told in the New Testament or accept the standard theology behind it.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

It's not like we don't get reminded of the story every December.......

Get this: Most people know the whole story of Jesus Christ. It is just that many of us can't buy it as told in the New Testament or accept the standard theology behind it.

I would just want them to give it more of a chance. It makes me sad when people reject it without giving it a chance. Their hearts are completely hardened to the mere idea of Jesus truly being the savior. If they're going to make that choice, then they're going to make that choice, but I'm still going to be sad about it.