CoolioD1

Best Visual Effects 2011

But...why? The CGI on TF3 was much stronger than the other two. I think it's only behind Apes as the best visual effects work of the year.

The Room of Requirement scene had much more striking effects than Transformers 3. It is so much harder to alter fire, and the fire animals looked perfect in that scene.

Really? That one scene sticks out to me as the main reason Potter won't win. It looked so obvious that they were greenscreened into it when they were on the brooms. Took me right out of the film for a minute.

Then what was the best scene for visual effects in DH2?Maybe the dragon, but the phoenix, bear, and snake on fire looked spectacular. I thought the only time it looked obviously greenscreened was when they were on the brooms. There was a second where Potter zoomed and it looked so fake, but only a second.Actually, you're right, the most impressive scene involving visual effects has to be when the forcefield gets burned down.

Apes will win but I think transformers deserves to. The first two movies got snubbed so I'm guessing the 3rd will aswell. Potters C.G.I once again looked quite fake so I doubt that will win, haven't seen tree of life so can't comment on that.