CoolioD1

Best Visual Effects 2011

I personally think Dark of the Moon should win. The scene where the worm like Transformers was drilling around that building was breathtaking. Apes had great effects too but some of them don't really hold up on home video, still though the majority of the effects were great. HP8 shouldn't have even been nominated. There was nothing special about any effects in that movei

Every single shot that featured Voldemort was full of effects, every exterior shot of Hogwarts, the Dragon & the entire underground of Gringotts, most of the Room of Requirement and the huge fire, the ENTIRE Chamber of Secrets set (the original physical set had been demolished long ago) and the Voldemort tsunami, the statues, all the spells, the Grey Lady, etc etc etc.I don't expect it to win, nor do I necessarily think it should. But to say that it shouldn't even have been nominated is a little silly.

• Like 1

I personally think Dark of the Moon should win. The scene where the worm like Transformers was drilling around that building was breathtaking. Apes had great effects too but some of them don't really hold up on home video, still though the majority of the effects were great. HP8 shouldn't have even been nominated. There was nothing special about any effects in that movei

Are you kidding? The dragon is one of the most visually realistic creatures, the fiery animals were amazing, the entire Chamber of Secrets, creation of the force-field + its deterioration, Voldemort, Nagini (the snake), Gringotts, the attack on Hogwarts....yeah, the special effects are pretty damn great. The only bad point was the ten seconds on the brooms. I have no idea what happened there, and they have no excuse since the brooms during the HBP Quidditch match looked spectacular. It is absolutely deserving of a nomination. The dragon is one of the most impressive things I've seen.

Apes has excellent VFX elevating an already great motion capture performance by Andy Serkis. TF3 has the most insane amount of VFX detail put to film I've seen this year.Hard to say which I would favor. :P

Edited by C00k13