Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

The Incredibles is better than any movie the Russo brothers or Trevorrow have directed or will direct in the future.

Is it really fair to compare the Incredibles with Safety Not Guaranteed and Captain America Winter Soldier?

One's an animated kids movie, another is an indie sci-fi movie and the last is a political thriller action movie.

Cuz people love hero-worshipping nobody directors after they turn out one studio blockbuster. It's crazy.

Gareth Edwards is life! Don't you dare tell me he isn't!!!

Best indie/foreign/documentaries

1. The Look of Silence

2. The Nightmare

3. Eden

4. Amy

5. Irrational Man

I only know two of these movies and I have read one of them is kinda shitty.

Is it really fair to compare the Incredibles with Safety Not Guaranteed and Captain America Winter Soldier?

One's an animated kids movie, another is an indie sci-fi movie and the last is a political thriller action movie.

You can compare them in the sense of how well they were done in their genre context. In which case, Bird easily wins with any of his films except TL.

I would rank my top five summer films... But I've only seen six

There are three that I love I'm sure you guys know which ones they are

I forgot to ask, how do you rank the Mission Impossible movies after watching Rogue Nation?

Age of Adaline is probably my biggest surprise of the Summer. I was expecting an epic turd and got a really solid romantic fantasy drama with a some great performances from Blake Lively and Harrison Ford. It isn't on my top 5 but it deserves a mention.

I got kinda dragged to that one and was shockingly on board with that movie until that hilariously awful ending. Everyone in the theater was laughing at that "explanation."

You can compare them in the sense of how well they were done in their genre context. In which case, Bird easily wins with any of his films except TL.

Also one flop doesn't kill a director's career, especially if that director has several hits under his belt like Bird.

A director like Trank with just one success? Yeah, sure. That guy is probably done.

• Like 1

Mad Max & Rogue Nation are quality stuff. The rest is as forgettable as summers of the past 10 years

Mad Max absolutely, Rogue Nation is like all the other Mission Impossible films:  entertaining and pretty fun while you're watching it, but don't remember it a week later.

• Like 1

I got kinda dragged to that one and was shockingly on board with that movie until that hilariously awful ending. Everyone in the theater was laughing at that "explanation."

The ending was the weakest part but I was ok with it.

Mad Max absolutely, Rogue Nation is like all the other Mission Impossible films:  entertaining and pretty fun while you're watching it, but don't remember it a week later.

I feel like that's very true for the first three, but couldn't be further from the truth for 4 and 5.