Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Why would adoption be the source of friction?

People who were adopted may not feel accepted or part of the family. Especially if you're from another race.

Superman and Spider-msn deal with these themes but not the Fantastic Four.

This thread is dead Tele. Some really oh my god posts killed it. Rational posts don't work with this people. I tried a few nights ago. But good luck to you, I guess.

I knew this was CJohn post without seeing his name.

The "end of the world" hyperbole.

Yup, signature CJohn.

From a GA perspective, why would the FF and X-M existing in the same world make 0 sense?

FF are beloved by the people. X-Men (mutants) are despised. Doesn't make much sense since they are basically the same. 

• Like 1

People who were adopted may not feel accepted or part of the family. Especially if you're from another race.

It's certainly not automatic, especially given at one age one is adopted. In fact, pending any specific story points that mention otherwise, I think the basic assumption is that an adopted child growing up in a loving, accepting family feels just as much part of that family as they would otherwise. Your assumption is that inevitably and automatically they wouldn't.

This is a world where people can turn invisible and have weird powers... is it really so hard to accept a basic assumption that they're a united family regardless of birth or adoption?

• Like 2

I knew this was CJohn post without seeing his name.

The "end of the world" hyperbole.

Yup, signature CJohn.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah. I can't right now.

D6qabSQ.gif

FF are beloved by the people. X-Men (mutants) are despised. Doesn't make much sense since they are basically the same. 

is this a joke? X Men films always grossed far more than the FF movies so clearly this is nonsense.

Dude cmon.

People are losing it over a superhero movie casting a black man to play a white character lol. They don't understand that is not why this movie bombed or why it is an epic turd. 

• Like 1

is this a joke? X Men films always grossed far more than the FF movies so clearly this is nonsense.

You didn't understood my post. I was talking about in the world of the movies. Not in real life lol. 

Edited by CJohn

have you ever met someone who is adopted and grew up with a normal life? it happens all the time, join the 21st century dude and grow up.

It's certainly not automatic, especially given at one age one is adopted. In fact, pending any specific story points that mention otherwise, I think the basic assumption is that an adopted child growing up in a loving, accepting family feels just as much part of that family as they would otherwise. Your assumption is that inevitably and automatically they wouldn't.

This is a world where people can turn invisible and have weird powers... is it really so hard to accept a basic assumption that they're a united family regardless of birth or adoption?

tumblr_nr14st4Sst1ttjvs0o1_500.jpg

lol Tree. Cjohn meant in their worlds. The X-Men, mutants are hated and the FF are treated like celebrities 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

I think he means within the universe. Mutants are discriminated against, the Fantastic Four are not.

• Like 3

You didn't understood my post. I was talking about in the world of the movies. Not in real life lol. 

you responded to someone asking about general audience in the real world.

you responded to someone asking about general audience in the real world.

No. I answered explaining why it would make 0 sense for them to be in same world for the GA. Anyway, I think you already understood what I meant to say. No big deal.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1