Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

It doesn't matter guys.

Dory will rule all.

If Good Dinosaur delivers there's about 99.5% chance Dory wins next summer. Pixar will be on a major hot streak again, and Nemo's relevance among children has never really waned. If it's a great movie, then it's really cinched.

• Like 1

Yeah?? Well I was right about the F4 being doomed from the get go, so that's saying alot..

Besides Avengers, what else have you been right about?

• Like 1

Well just in the ballpark range, what would BvsS have to make OW to cause hysteria with you in a disappointed way???

It wouldn't cause such a reaction even if it would sell only 1 ticket at OW or as ww final neither.

I do not think BOs are worthy to get 'hysterical' over it.

It's not coming any where near 200M much less 210-215M.. It'll be lucky to beat AOU OW..

I honestly think it's going sub IM3 OW. I know way too many people that are still nothing but skeptical about it. DC is far from proven yet at the BO and there's been virtually no universe building for this like we got with TA. People underestimate how much the two IM movies and Thor and CA did to build up the hype for TA. BvS is the MoS sequel. I mean just let that sink in for a moment.

Damn, Irrational Man did kind of terrible. A sub <$1k PTA in wide release is awful. It's probably going to lose a lot of theaters next week or the week after, and it won't make much more than $5m when all is said and done. It'll probably be the worst wide release total for a Woody Allen film this century.

And even doing Sub IM3 Numbers would still be tremendous, but DC fans will turn this into a dick measuring contest with the TA OW before it's over.. And JW OW for that matter to..

Exactly. There would be absolutely nothing wrong with a 155-170m OW for it. That would be a huge success considering no Superman movie has touched that range and even the beloved TDK/TDKR are only in that range. But some people's expectations for it are just too high.

• Like 1

FF are beloved by the people. X-Men (mutants) are despised. Doesn't make much sense since they are basically the same. 

But why would that matter to the general audience.  In fact, are you even certain that the GA is aware of that difference in terms of the overall story.  Or are you being  :ph34r:

Edited by Ruthie

I wonder if the people who have a problem with the casting realize they are racists...

Been finishing The Martian all day. Everyone go binge read it before the movie.

You know, as a black woman who is old enough to remember the civil rights era, I find the bastardization of the word "racist" very annoying.  

• Like 11

Was Catwoman a BO bomb because they casted a black actress in the main role ?

:wacko:  :ph34r:  :ohmygod:

nope, the catwoman on screen was a different catwoman - patience phillips who is of coloured nature

halle berry is only half black, mom is fully white

They clearly want to take out Star Wars with the AoU expansion and move one more rung up the top ten. Hopefully that doesn't happen. SW needs a re-release soon, it's getting way too close to falling out of the top ten for the first time in damn near 40 years.

• Like 2

They clearly want to take out Star Wars with the AoU expansion and move one more rung up the top ten. Hopefully that doesn't happen. SW needs a re-release soon, it's getting way too close to falling out of the top ten for the first time in damn near 40 years.

Those movie's rights are still FOX until 2019. Disney can't do anything with them until then.