Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

The Russo's might be the most capable directors Marvel has ever hired.

I wouldn't bet against them.

BRANAGH?!?!?!?!?

Not a stupid as some people get about FOX and the belief they can still make a tolerable F4 movie or any comic movie that doesn't involve their overrated and often dull version of the X-Men (and even then they have two rancid stinkers with that series).

I know, Marvel is Jesus blah blah blah. FOX is the Devil. DC is the Antichrist. 

Edited by CJohn

You are going too low and too dumb for me here and I can't continue. You are super wrong. All of that was already controlled by Feige and Avengers was on the schedule before Disney bought Marvel. But sure, keep going with that theory.

DOFP was done by Singer. They trusted him, he had made X-Men movies before. Apes followed exactly the same type of movie as the first. 0 risks. The director's job was not to fuck up (just like Francis Lawrence when he was hired for Catching Fire). I really don't see what you are trying to do here. You failed spectacularly. 

Dude chill. Also, Dawn was literally nothing like its predecessor other than it had apes in it. They didn't even keep its biggest star. I mean, did you even seen that movie? 

• Like 1

Just watched it. Holy hell, it was utter mess and I'm sorry for people that are defending Trank but first half of the movie sucks, just last 15 mins sucks even more. One of the worst endings in a movie. 2/10. Utter crap, thanks for ruining F4. At least first 2 movies were watchable with great chemistry between Ben and Johnny. This is a train wreck from start to finish. Just give them up FOX, you had your chance with them.

Michael Chiklis needs to join Chris Evans in the "Cast as Two Superheroes" club. And no, No Ordinary Family does not count

I really feel Ant-Man could have done 250M if Edgar Wright directed the exact same movie. The fandom has wanted Wright to break out to the mainstream for quite a long time, and we could have seen a GOTG like groundswell of support for it.

I assume this post is sarcasm poking fun at Edgar Wright fanboys right?

• Like 1

Dude chill. Also, Dawn was literally nothing like its predecessor other than it had apes in it. They didn't even keep its biggest star. I mean, did you even seen that movie? 

It was nothing like his predecessor?!?!?!? Ok. Seems legit. 

Btw, it is the same fucking shit. Both are great movies that are basically all about the apes with not much action.

Edited by CJohn

You are going too low and too dumb for me here and I can't continue. You are super wrong. All of that was already controlled by Feige and Avengers was on the schedule before Disney bought Marvel. But sure, keep going with that theory.

They had it planned. Who said anything otherwise? It was not set in stone though before the Disney deal. Fant4stic 2 was planned for 2 years from now. Do you think it is actually happening now though? I laugh if you think the casual audiences knew IH was supposed to be connected to IM1 back in summer '08. Please. Only the internet and comic fans did. Disney is the one that made MCU a franchise to the casuals, and ensured everyone knew they were setting up interlocking stories with the films.

I don't get why a lot of people here think that Kung Fu Panda 3 will jump to a 100M OW when the 2nd one actually decreased from the first movie both OW and total. I can see it increasing from the 2nd movie, and maybe even making 200M+ in China, but I don't see a huge domestic increase. It is still releasing in January and not over the MLK weekend either, a 50M OW and a 150M run should be good enough for it.

• Like 1

I just try to accept that there is a niche group of folks on this board who think IM2 is as bad as the true horrors of the CBM world. 

That it's somehow on par with B&R, GR:SoV, Elektra or Catwoman.

It's not but they are entitled to their opinion...their opinion is just wrong. Yes, you can have a wrong opinion when it's objectively obtuse and nothing but hyperbole. 

• Like 7

SM3 has some flair and impressive set-pieces courtesy of Raimi.

The action is IM2 is unexciting, the comedy isn't funny, the villain isn't threatening, the drama isn't involving, the new characters are paper-thin etc. It fails in every department, therefore it's a bad movie. 

The worst thing about IM2's action is that they had fucking Genndy Tartakovsky storyboard the fights and none of that shows :(

• Like 2

LOL just wait until next January when I stan for KFP3

You can stan for whatever you want. As long as you keep your dick spirit inside and don't let it get loose like you did a few weeks ago. 

BRANAGH?!?!?!?!?

I know, Marvel is Jesus blah blah blah. FOX is the Devil. DC is the Antichrist. 

You do realize that you're the one who's been proselytizing and ranting through this entire topic about the rights of FOX and the evil of Marvel and the wish for their downfall.  You've left raging fanboy 30 plus pages ago and entered into the realm of zealot.

• Like 1

I assume this post is sarcasm poking fun at Edgar Wright fanboys right?

Partly. But Ant-Man does really feel like it came in with much much less buzz than any Marvel movie since forever, and has performed basically exactly as expected. At least with Wright, there would have been an interesting X-Factor of whether the internet buzz would translate to the real world - which will be tested with Deadpool next year.