Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend #s: Straight Outta Compton - 26.8M; Mission Impossible - 11.7M; Sinister 2 - 10.6M; Hitman - 8.2M; American Ultra - 5.5M

I thought the movie captured that aspect of youth ending, but not through Margo and Q but rather through Q Ben and Radar.

This is true but it doesn't work as well because

A) it doesn't have the same subtly

And

B ) you don't get the sense that this is Q's first time really realizing that its all over

• Like 1

This is true but it doesn't work as well because

A) it doesn't have the same subtly

And

B ) you don't get the sense that this is Q's first time really realizing that its all over

"those are all terrible things"

"yeah, but terrible things we will never do again"

I'm not sure if it's the exact line but I think you know which one I'm getting at. I know that that moment was where the movie hit me hardest.

What's about?

No spoilers but I'll spoiler tag anyways

Basically it's just this kid who goes to boarding school. As a plot, that's sort of all I can say without giving away a major spoiler. The themes are along the lines of (growing up of course) overcoming loss, and realizing the importance of the past but also the importance of the future.

• Like 1

No spoilers but I'll spoiler tag anyways

Basically it's just this kid who goes to boarding school. As a plot, that's sort of all I can say without giving away a major spoiler. The themes are along the lines of (growing up of course) overcoming loss, and realizing the importance of the past but also the importance of the future.

Hmmm, I think I'm gonna wait for the movie before reading :P

• Like 1

"those are all terrible things"

"yeah, but terrible things we will never do again"

I'm not sure if it's the exact line but I think you know which one I'm getting at. I know that that moment was where the movie hit me hardest.

Yeah... There were parts of the movie where I had tears in my eyes, and that moment was definitely one of them.

There is just something about the ending of the the book, I couldn't cry because I was so absolutely riveted, so absolutely at a loss to find words to describe the ending. I'm pretty I started having a panic attack after I finished because it gets its point across just that well.

and this weekend and weekend thread looks as uninteresting as it always was going to look :P

so far anyway  lol

Paper Towns may actually outopen all the 3 movies released this week. So might as well discuss that I guess (even though odds are that the majority of this forum didn't watch that movie either).

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/straight-outta-compton-box-office-sinister-1201575003/

Straight Outta Compton” will again dominate the domestic box office this weekend with early estimates Friday showing a sturdy $26 million at 3,025 locations for its second frame.

If the estimates hold, Universal/Legendary’s N.W.A biopic looks likely to take in double the closest competition — Focus/Gramercy’s launch of horror sequel “Sinister 2” with about $13.3 million at 2,766 theaters.

Paramount’s fourth weekend of  “Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation” should follow with about $12 million at 3,442 theaters. That should top a pair of spy pic openings with Fox’s “Hitman: Agent 47” taking around $8 million at 3,100 sites and Lionsgate’s “American Ultra” with $6 million at 2,778 locations.

Yet another spy movie — Warner’s second weekend of “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” — will finish ahead of “American Ultra” with around $7 million.

“Straight Outta Compton” will decline about 57% after a stunning overperformance on its opening weekend with $60.2 million, then took in another $25 million during Monday-Thursday period. It’s set to cross the $100 million mark on Saturday, its ninth day in theaters, and appears to have plenty of gas still in the tank.

“The film has clearly captured the imagination of moviegoers,” said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst with Rentrak.”Even if it falls over 50% this weekend, it will still do close to $30 million — which would be a good opening weekend for a film opening in August.”
Edited by grim22
  • Like 4