WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: War Room 9.35 | SOC 8.8 | Walk 8.25 | MI 7.15 | Transporter 7.13 | Escape 5.4 | Gallo 3.4

Speaking of Everest and wasted opportunities, why wasn't the film released this weekend? It was marketed throughout the whole summer, you'd think it would've been released by now. And the holiday weekend and barren landscape I think could've done wonders for it. Definitely a missed opportunity. Now it's in a much more competitive time frame of release. 

• Like 1

Everest is IMAX and PLF only on the 18th, that'd be one hell of a run :lol: My current predictions:

Maze Runner: 44M

Black Mass: 28M

Everest: 7M

The final poster doesn't say that. And the movie facebook page only says September 18 as well. 

Yeah for some reasons studios left the last couple of weeks blank and crammed everything into September and October

The studios are making sure no movie has any legs. Black Mass, Everest, The Martian, Steve Jobs, The Walk and Bridge of Spies are all crammed into a 5 weeks space.

• Like 1

The studios are making sure no movie has any legs. Black Mass, Everest, The Martian, Steve Jobs, The Walk and Bridge of Spies are all crammed into a 5 weeks space.

Some will not reach their full potential for sure. Though I've never banked on The Martian being anything more than a 90-120m grosser despite what everyone here seems to think. Given all the promising adult dramas it's surrounded by I'm even less sure of it having any kind of legs. As if Ridley weren't a bad enough indicator for that alone.

I'm also concerned for Bridge of Spies. Should be an easy adult hit with Spielberg/Hanks, but I feel like the marketing has been nearly non-existent. I remember Captain Phillips having a very rabid marketing campaign for example. Could get swallowed by its competitors due to lack of awareness. 

The final poster doesn't say that. And the movie facebook page only says September 18 as well.

Around Orlando theaters with IMAX and PLF have some showtimes up for the September 18 movies and Everest is only IMAX or PLF. Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Some will not reach their full potential for sure. Though I've never banked on The Martian being anything more than a 90-120m grosser despite what everyone here seems to think. Given all the promising adult dramas it's surrounded by I'm even less sure of it having any kind of legs. As if Ridley weren't a bad enough indicator for that alone.

I'm also concerned for Bridge of Spies. Should be an easy adult hit with Spielberg/Hanks, but I feel like the marketing has been nearly non-existent. I remember Captain Phillips having a very rabid marketing campaign for example. Could get swallowed by its competitors due to lack of awareness. 

Bridge of Spies seems to be the most fucked of them all. If The Walk is good the IMAX 1 week exclusive run might save it.

Right now my ranges for the 5 adult dramas are:

125-150m: Everest

90-110m: The Martian, The Walk, Black Mass

45-70m: Bridge of Spies, Steve Jobs

Switch Black Mass and Steve Jobs and I agree.

I am thinking 22/80 for Black Mass.

• Like 1

Switch Black Mass and Steve Jobs and I agree.

I am thinking 22/80 for Black Mass.

That's probably a likely predict for BM. Though I think it has the biggest chance of the 5 to get an Oscar re-release next year if JD is a serious contender like he very well might be and the movie also scores a BP nom. 

Right now my ranges for the 5 adult dramas are:

125-150m: Everest

90-110m: The Martian, The Walk, Black Mass

45-70m: Bridge of Spies, Steve Jobs

Everest: 130M

The Martian: 150M+

The Walk: 90M

Black Mass: 70M

Bridge of Spies: 40M

Steve Jobs: 80M

Edited by Ethan Hunt