CJohn

Friday Numbers: Contraband - 8.7M; Beauty and the Beast 3D - 5.6M; Joyful Noise - 3.3M

Disney could be looking at upwards of 27m for Beauty and the Beast's 4-day. 3D re-releases (but not 3D releases) are the new hot thing- I see very strong numbers for Star Wars, Titanic and Nemo. Very strong for all three openers. Looks like a boffo January overall, not unlike 2009.

I'm a bit suprised by Beauty & the Beast because the 3D version is already on Blu Ray / Dvd, (The Lion King wasn't & it was advertised as for 2 weeks only) but this bolds well for disney's re-releases.Is this a limited release for beauty as well.Good numbers for Joyful Noise & Contraband as well.

Well I imagine TPM will do well, I can also imagine Monsters doing great.Funny how studios would not do reissues for years like they use to due to the video market. (Such as how just about every pre 1980 blockbuster had tons of rereleases not mentioned. Snow White had 9, Gone with the Wind had tons as well)

I remember how Mark W. was not liked that much in the early 2000s.Hey Leo was really disliked by guys in the late 90s, and we wont get into Timberlake. Just say he was very much like another Justin right now. (Makes me wonder when Jonas Bros. comeback will be. Like it or not-they are much like N'Sync in the late 90s. At least the most made fun of band Hanson didn't come back)