WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Maze Runner - 30.3M | Black Mass - 23.4M | Everest - 7.5M | The Visit - 11.4M | Perfect Guy - 9.7M

And to think I said 40+ for black mass....

Well, this weekend, I guess we all learned not to trust MT all the time.

Isn't the website supposed to skew extremely up in age? Black Mass is reported to have 80% of its Friday box office be 25 and up, so that explains the numbers on that website.         

• Like 1

nothing broke out this weekend, decent for Everest but may not hold up in expansion

Why wouldn't it hold up to expansion?  That's a huge number for a film released on 500 screens.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't it hold up to expansion?  That's a huge number for a film released on 500 screens.

It is all IMAX, tho. I can see it having a solid expansion at 20-25M but not much higher.

It is all IMAX, tho. I can see it having a solid expansion at 20-25M but not much higher.

Of course it's all IMAX.  But that also gets the WOM out.  And I think it can go higher than that.

• Like 3

Of course it's all IMAX.  But that also gets the WOM out.  And I think it can go higher than that.

I hope it goes higher. I am trying to keep expectations in check to not be disappointed like I am this weekend with MR2 and BM :lol:

Also, the first Pitch Perfect had a pretty big 5M weekend in 335 theaters and in the expansion to almost 2800 theaters it did just 15M. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

But those are two completely different kinds of films Cjohn.  Everest looks like it's going to be a blast on big screen....PP looked like a film that you could wait to see.  IMO.

• Like 2

But those are two completely different kinds of films Cjohn.  Everest looks like it's going to be a blast on big screen....PP looked like a film that you could wait to see.  IMO.

I agree. It feels like a movie that you must see on the big screen. I just want to keep my own expectations low :lol: