kayumanggi

FINDING DORY | 542.3 M overseas ● 1028.6 M worldwide

34 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

I think the OS gross of Dory isn't so bad on Disney front, because it is well shared among various markets. In this sense, for example, is better than those of Zootopia that is made for one third by the useless chinese gross.

Huh, Disney gets 25% of grosses from China,in Zootopia's case, nearly $60M and no need to pay any tax or release cost.

That is alone bigger than UK gross, yeah, how useless.

Edited by Olive

1 hour ago, Olive said:

That is alone bigger than UK gross, yeah, how useless.

A good way for a studio to judge the result of an (animated) movie  in a specifical market is how many $ it gets out of cinemas each $ reached in cinemas. Usually in UK should be around 1,8x (obviously this is an average, for example Frozen gets a 4x) while China has the worst multiplier (around 0,3X). So, to obtain the same result in term of global studio revenues, a movie that gross 10M$ in UK (or in other mature markets) should gross 10x2 (in cinema) + 10x6 (out of cinema) = 80M$ in China (in this case 56X8= 448M$). For this reason (among others) the chinese boxoffice, after a crazy increase, is deflating: the return of investiments is very very disappointing there. 

Edited by edroger3

2 hours ago, edroger3 said:

I think the OS gross of Dory isn't so bad on Disney front, because it is well shared among various markets. In this sense, for example, is better than those of Zootopia that is made for one third by the useless chinese gross.

I don't get that part....

9 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

A good way for a studio to judge the result of an (animated) movie  in a specifical market is how many $ it gets out of cinemas each $ reached in cinemas. Usually in UK should be around 1,8x (obviously this is an average, for example Frozen gets a 4x) while China has the worst multiplier (around 0,3X). So, to obtain the same result in term of global studio revenues, a movie that gross 10M$ in UK (or in other mature markets) should gross 10x2 (in cinema) + 10x6 (out of cinema) = 80M$ in China (in this case 56X8= 448M$). For this reason (among others) the chinese boxoffice, after a crazy increase, is deflating: the return of investiments is very very disappointing there. 

video on demand is increasing too, for example Warcraft made $24M from VOD, I assume Zootopia won't make less as it's a bigger BO success.

Also movie-related retail sales other platforms are increasing too.

Edited by Olive

18 minutes ago, zackzack said:

"And how is not this the most reprehensible ignorance, to think that one knows what one does not know? But I, O Athenians! in this, perhaps, differ from most men; and if I should say that I am in any thing wiser than another, it would be in this, that not having a competent knowledge of the things in Hades, I also think that I have not such knowledge."

Plato - Apology of Socrates

1 hour ago, edroger3 said:

"And how is not this the most reprehensible ignorance, to think that one knows what one does not know? But I, O Athenians! in this, perhaps, differ from most men; and if I should say that I am in any thing wiser than another, it would be in this, that not having a competent knowledge of the things in Hades, I also think that I have not such knowledge."

Wow, you're pretentious.

2 hours ago, zackzack said:

1 hour ago, edroger3 said:

12kyhd.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Yes, cannastop is right : you're defiitely pretentious! :qotd:

Maybe Socrates (or Plato) was a bit pretentious, He just cited them.

However, if someone prefer a "problem-free philosophy", he can say "Hakuna Matata" and go further.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lmja said:

Maybe Socrates (or Plato) was a bit pretentious, He just cited them.

However, if someone prefer a "problem-free philosophy", he can say "Hakuna Matata" and go further.

Yes, but -someone- prefer "Inferno" to "The Lion King", so they can say -direct from The Divine Comedy- "Non ti curar di Lor ma guarda e passa" ( Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass) Inf. III 41

Edited by edroger3

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Strangely Disney hasn't released updated OS numbers for Dory, they are usually out by Sunday noon (PST) but none of the usual sites (Screendaily, Deadline, Mojo, TheNumbers) have reported them.

yeah, that's odd, probably because there is no major milestone left after it surpassed Zootopia.

Edited by NCsoft