WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Why does Mountains Of Madness need to cost 200m again? :blink:

As a huge Lovecraft fan, I 100% agree. Nothing in the Lovecraft story screams 200 Million.

And that is one of Del Toro's problems; He is a niche filmmaker some of whose projects require budgets that only a major studio can afford. If he does not want to play the Big Studio game, fine;but then don't spend so much time on projects only a Big Studio can afford.

I don't think you can fault GDT for pursuing a variety of projects (big-budget or otherwise). If you're an active director, you have plenty of projects in development and most will fall apart for many different reasons. And it's not his job to assign a budget or figure out how much something should cost.

• Like 7

I don't think you can fault GDT for pursuing a variety of projects (big-budget or otherwise). If you're an active director, you have plenty of projects in development and most will fall apart for many different reasons. And it's not his job to assign a budget or figure out how much something should cost.

Ya. The problem is that GDT gets too excited and tells everyone every movie he's ever had a passing interest in. Most of which probably never move beyond a 'Wouldn't it be cool if...?' conversation over lunch.

• Like 2