kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

• Community Manager

I wonder if Sony would ever cast a black actor or a gay actor or a non-British actor to play Bond? Or will they just keep playing it safe? If so I bet Cumberbatch is the next Bond.

If they cast a black or gay Bond the blowback would be 10 times worse than the Star Wars "boycott".

Idris Elba ftw.

Edit - If that happened, it'd be the first Bond movie Mrs Wrath ever actually wanted to watch.

I wonder if Sony would ever cast a black actor or a gay actor or a non-British actor to play Bond? Or will they just keep playing it safe? If so I bet Cumberbatch is the next Bond.

What the hell? Just because you cast a gay actor doesn't mean squat. Gay actors can play straight characters and straight actors can play gay characters.
  • Like 1

Right when I was about to reply "Just gimme that Oogielove!" the site goes down for maintenance :mellow: Thoughts:

Obligatory: Ridley Scott. His Power.

Expected for Witch Hunter, Jem, and Kasbah , Paranormal is doing slightly better than I expected. 

Holy shit @ Steve Jobs. What the hell went wrong?

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Freaking hell. Just 9m for Jobs? Honestly Josh Hartnett would open that movie better than Fassbender. And the same could be said about the Witch Hunter. LOL

I dont know what happened with Jobs. Everything else is performing at their already low expectations. 

Steve Jobs performing exactly like Sicario. Great PTA in limited release and not that great when it expanded. Still good numbers for both.

• Like 1

It's still early. But if Jobs does only 9 mil, I'd blame it on the choice to go limited. A Steve Jobs movie can make money, but you gotta treat it like a mainstream flick as far as marketing goes. The cult of Apple would show up if they knew about it. 

This is the difference between Fincher and Boyle. Fincher gets big marketing campaigns. 

Not once did I see the trailer anywhere but at the Angelika (specialty) theater. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

Steve Jobs performing exactly like Sicario. Great PTA in limited release and not that great when it expanded. Still good numbers for both.

The budget for Jobs is 30M and they spent a lot on marketing, this will probably be a loss for Uni unless it has insane weekend holds (and this is assuming the 9M forecast stays).

• Like 1

The budget for Jobs is 30M and they spent a lot on marketing, this will probably be a loss for Uni unless it has insane weekend holds (and this is assuming the 9M forecast stays).

You are forgetting OS. His run only starts on November 12 internationally.