Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

This us way too late, to chime in on this topic, but am I the only one who doesn’t like Edgar Wright?

Kind of glad he didn't direct Ant-man.

I'm right there with you. Wright's geek idol status is baffling to me. Shaun of the Dead is the only Wright movie I like. The rest are simply uninteresting. Scott Pilgrim might have seemed clever had it been made 20 years earlier.

Wright was hired for Ant-Man only because he pitched the movie at the very dawn of Marvel Studios, when very few directors were eager to work with the studio. When he dropped out I was overjoyed. Reed's version was far more enjoyable than any of Wright's films and most of that was due to changes he and the writers made.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I'm right there with you. Wright's geek idol status is baffling to me. Shaun of the Dead is the only Wright movie I like. The rest are simply uninteresting. Scott Pilgrim might have seemed clever had it been made 20 years earlier.

Wright was hired for Ant-Man only because he pitched the movie at the very dawn of Marvel Studios, when very few directors were eager to work with the studio. When he dropped out I was overjoyed. Reed's version was far more enjoyable than any of Wright's films and most of that was due to changes he and the writers made.

He did Scott Pilgrim? Didn't know that, but explains a bit.

Shaun of the Dead (and the other two) really get enjoyment from me because I like Simon Pegg so much. 

• Like 1

So are spoilers for Civil War allowed in here or nah?

This thread would give me something to do but I don't want to run into those if it's everything goes here.

Edit: Okay I see they have to be tagged reading the rules. I've barely ventured in here before. Something to do today.

Edited by somebody85

12 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Violence doesn't bother me. One of these years, I'll get around to watching it -- I'm woefully behind on anything TV-related.

It definitely has some great episodes even if the season as a whole isn't quite as satisfying as I wanted it to be. I compare the first season a lot to Nolans Batman series and the second season does sort of continue that trend. The first is a lot more realistic. Matt is not invincible and gets his ass handed to him a lot in the series. It's definitely an adult show that could never be pulled off on network TV. Season 2 especially has some extremely brutal scenes that could easily have been pulled from the Raid movies.

A lot of great acting too. Doubt you'll be let down by it.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Telemachos said:

He's got a vision -- for a ton of mediocre movies, with a couple good ones mixed in here and there. :)

This.

And speaking of Nolan, I agree that Batman Begins and TDK are stronger then a lot of Marvel films. TDKR though.....no.

14 hours ago, Telemachos said:

But why should I -- as an audience member -- care whether they're hard to produce or not, or what expectations the company holds?

I'm not expecting them to hit some crazy level of difficult production... but when top-flight television has more style and visual coherence than your average Marvel movie (or, admittedly, most tentpoles these days), that says a lot. Again, IMO.

B3ObnO7IIAIbFCV.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

Isnt this standard practice for IMDB? I've never trusted audience ratings from there or anywhere else really for precisely this reason.

It used to be some, but it has gotten much worse, the same thing happend when TFA came out, although at least some of those reviews were legitimate. 

some of these DECU fans are the worst, sure marvelites can be bad too, but I haven't seen them be nearly has scum filled as some DC fans.

4 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Lol , it happened with BvS too.People gave it 1 star even before seeing it and Marvel >>>>> DC and all that crap. Crazy fans and the internet ... the most annoying formula.

yeah I know, but it appears to be even worse with CW. I think because DC don't have the critics backing them up so they have to be extra vocal. 

All fandoms, without a single exception, have equally awful human beings as fans, in the exactly same proportion.

The DC people are in the spotlight now because their movieverse is crumbling, it's as simple as that.

And let's not pretend other fanbases, including Marvel, doesn't upvote their films and downvote the competitor's

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Goffe said:

All fandoms, without one single excpetion, has equally awful human beings as fans, in the exactly same proportion.

The DC people are in the spotlight now because their movieverse is crumbling, it's as simple as that.

And let's not pretend other fanbases, including Marvel, doesn't up-vote their films and down-vote the competitor's

But the way dc fans takes it over the years really scares me though

Not just your usual trolling, flame war, name calling or downvotes at movie sites

They even sent death and rape threat, encouraging ppl to open shot at theather

Personally im really happy at bot and shh there isnt any of that shit

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brownies said:

Not just your usual trolling, flame war, name calling or downvotes at movie sites

Are you serious if you think no other fandom does the unbolded stuff? As for the bolded stuff, I remember Marvel fans sending death and rape threats for bad reviews of The Avengers. I think non-DC related Nolan fans did it too. The shooting people thing is one crazy person talking (and there was one anti-Twilight person who actually tried to put this plan into action so it's not like that extremity is limited to DC/anti-Marvel trolls either).

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, brownies said:

The first critic that gave AVENGERS a negative review got the usual rape and death threats as well. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I just read this on SHH. Prepare to be converted.

Originally Posted by Axelrod View Post
Hey guys. 

Just seen civil war tonight. I posted here 3 weeks ago when I seen BVS at the NYC premiere and it's only right. 

I'll just say this. 

I originally gave BVS a 9/10 and thought it was solid and refreshing. Even after the messy reviews and watching it multiple times , it still held that score (in my eyes) and I was a proud defender of that movie...............

Until tonight. 

Civil war is the MCU at its peak. Imma jump out the window and say it's their best. The hype is real and I thought it was gonna let me down. I thought it was impossible. 

It's so good that I had to drop my personal rating for BVS to 7.5. 

I'm sorry for mentioning BVS in here and starting any type of debate but I just wanna give y'all a gauge of what to expect. And mind you , I want all these movies especially DC to succeed so we can have awesome movies all around but

JESUS!!! Marvel just owns everything!!!

If you change your rating for one movie, because of another unrelated movie, you're an idiot.

• Like 6

Well if the selling point of one movie is a concept we'd never seen before (superheroes fighting!) but then another movie comes out and does the same concept much better, why not change your rating? The first movie may have gotten you excited just bc the concept was never seen yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

All fandoms, without a single exception, have equally awful human beings as fans, in the exactly same proportion.

And let's not pretend other fanbases, including Marvel, doesn't upvote their films and downvote the competitor's

2 hours ago, brownies said:

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

The first critic that gave AVENGERS a negative review got the usual rape and death threats as well. 

These aren't fandoms, these trolls and or rare extremists with freaky views that need to get a life (or should be behind bars in some cases possibly) . I love the MCU for the most part, so technically you could say I'm a fanboy of sorts or even a marvelite to an extant, (although I love DC comics so not sure how that works) I also want the DCEU to succeed though, and I feel so far it has not- not nearly to the level it could be anyway. but I can understand how some people wouldn't like the MCU or would the DCEU. but the levels some people take their fandom is obscene. 

I don't down vote DC films or up-vote the MCU. I think the only MCU films I've given a 10 are WS and GOTG. and even with the smack I talk about MoS and BvS. I still gave them a 5 & 6 respectively. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

Voting on IMDB should just be restricted until after a movie officially opens in the U.S. for the public to see.

Agreed, but the system is too all over the place for that to ever happened.

I do find it hilarious when someone associated with a movie that's flopped and low IMDb score, goes on to site and creates multiple sock accounts, just for the sake of posting fake reviews, though.