Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

This thread literally exists because y’all couldn’t resist mocking each other’s franchises endlessly. 

That's true, but for a thread called Franchise Wars, things in here are modest, compared to let's say the Justice League thread.

We're getting into really controversial territories here, but let's just say that if BKB came out and said that TDW/AOU is a masterpiece, even mcu fans would scorn him.

Edited by LaughingEvans

Just got back from Justice League. It was a perfectly serviceable cape movie, I much preferred Man oF Steel and BvS to it though.

Seeing it fail is it's kind of good as the I'll love to see studios put their money in new IPs. However with Thor doing so well that's obviously not the case.

unrelated note... Ready Player One trailer looked great

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just got back from Justice League. It was a perfectly serviceable cape movie, I much preferred Man oF Steel and BvS to it though.

Seeing it fail is it's kind of good as the I'll love to see studios put their money in new IPs. However with Thor doing so well that's obviously not the case.

JL underperforming is the cherry on top to Dunkirk, Get Out, Split, IT, Logan, and Baby Driver all doing very well.

Edited by That One Guy

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

unrelated note... Ready Player One trailer looked great

Yeah Mcu had safe bet with GOtg2 but Homecoming and Thor 3 could have gone south easily.

Just now, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

Superhero movies failing won't me anything for new IPs to movies.

It's a step in the right direction.  If a film as big as Justice League can make so little when it's a bland cookie-cutter movie, it should at least cause studios to reconsider their strategies.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's a step in the right direction.  If a film as big as Justice League can make so little when it's a bland cookie-cutter movie, it should at least cause studios to reconsider their strategies.

Hopefully quality control. Make them enjoyable! That's why Marvel is doing so well, they're making movies people enjoy!

Doesn't matter if it's Justice League, Valerian or failed Oscar hopeful like Billy Lynn shitty movies are gonna fail

Edited by Robertman2 Floats Too

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Um if IW falls badly then you may see a real change.

Until marvel starts failing then there will be a change.

Well to be honest most of the MCU films have been very mediocre and forgettable.Never cared to see them more than once. But then again Suicide Squad was horrible and BVS disappointing. So far the best comic book films I've seen were Dark Knight, X-Men: DOFP, Deadpool, The first Spiderman, and Iron Man. 

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Remember when Zack Snyder (all in good fun I would think) dissed the idea of a Thor film? A bit ironic considering a Thor film is going to outgross a Justice League film on Opening Weekend

I didn't hear that he was dissing Thor, he said "Thor has a movie but Superman doesn't?" His implication that Thor is a much smaller superhero than Superman was true, in 2011 Thor was Norse mythology and that's it, while everybody knew Superman as THE superhero, and his main point is that priorities are off if Superman does not have an active franchise while Thor does, which again was the case when he said that.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:40 AM, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Even with all the hatred and doubts around DCEU, I still hold out to my BOLD and OPTIMISTIC prediction of Justice League. 

RT score: 40%       OW/DOM/WW = 140/290/750

Let's all hope that JL can hit those numbers ! #ALLin 

Looks like this will be an optimistic prediction......

44 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Looks like this will be an optimistic prediction......

Wow he seems to be bang on with his RT prediction and WW total and actually overpredicted the OW and DOM! Absolutely unbelievable 

It's a pity he is missing this. His greatest moment and he is banned. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1