Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Sand-omJC said:

Would this deal include the Simpsons? That's Fox TV, not movies.

Yes. The deal as it has been reported (and if it goes through) would be for the Fix studio, TV production and regional sports networks, FX and Nat Geo.

Edit: DamnitGeorge beat me to it. Now I understand his username.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Disney would be buying everything from Fox that doesn't involve sports or news.

Also not the Fox network. However I doubt the FCC would allow the deal.

Cannot imagine Disney or for that matter any studio giving us the DP that we have.

I think what happens with one studio getting bigger and bigger is that art eventually gets monotonous, which is not visible at first as footfall decline is hidden by inflating ticket prices, but the bubble bursts in the end.

With one studio getting bigger is the decline in footfalls expected to be stemmed (irrespective of why footfalls are reducing - netflix, youtube, etc)?

Last 3 years are 3 of the worst 4 years when you see decline in footfalls compared to 2001 despite increasing population.

Year Total Revenue
(in billions)
Ticket Price Footfalls
(in billions)
Footfalls compared to 2001
2016 11.4 8.65 1.32 -0.12
2015 11.1 8.43 1.32 -0.12
2014 10.4 8.17 1.27 -0.16
2013 10.9 8.13 1.34 -0.09
2012 10.8 7.96 1.36 -0.08
2011 10.2 7.93 1.29 -0.15
2010 10.6 7.89 1.34 -0.09
2009 10.6 7.5 1.41 -0.02
2008 9.6 7.18 1.34 -0.10
2007 9.6 6.88 1.40 -0.04
2006 9.2 6.55 1.40 -0.03
2005 8.8 6.41 1.37 -0.06
2004 9.3 6.21 1.50 0.06
2003 9.2 6.03 1.53 0.09
2002 9.1 5.8 1.57 0.14
2001 8.1 5.65 1.43  

BO Revenue from US/CAN https://www.statista.com/statistics/271869/box-office-revenue-in-the-us-and-canada/

Average Ticket Prices (US) http://www.natoonline.org/data/ticket-price/ [this is US opposed to US/CAN but won't affect the data much I think]

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

I don’t like a monopoly but I doubt the deal happens.

It is fun for me to think about, but I remain highly skeptical. Not because of regulators blocking it, but because it is such a big turn-around to want to buy WB a few years ago to be willing to sell now. But, better to sell to Disney than to Comcast. And seeing the Wall Street reaction to the deal makes me think there is a chance this could actually go through.

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

It is fun for me to think about, but I remain highly skeptical. Not because of regulators blocking it, but because it is such a big turn-around to want to buy WB a few years ago to be willing to sell now. But, better to sell to Disney than to Comcast. And seeing the Wall Street reaction to the deal makes me think there is a chance this could actually go through.

Still this is a $60B deal, Disney bought Pixar for $6B which was the most expensive purchase and Comcast bought Dreamworks for $4B.

15 minutes ago, Sand-omJC said:

Would this deal include the Simpsons? That's Fox TV, not movies.

Fox's Broadcasting company is not part of the deal so shows like The Simpsons will still be showed under Fox, but Disney will be able to include The Simpsons in their new streaming service.

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

According to sites, deal has almost happen with expecting news next week. 

I meant through the FCC. Comcast bought Universal for $30B but this is a $60B deal and allows more control for the marketplace.

Deadpool should be the only character to say within the confines of an R rated universe separate from the MCU but all other characters from the X-Men and FF not in the DP r rated universe should come back home under the MCU. After Reynolds is done with DP then he can come within the MCU properly, the character doesn't necessarily have to be R rated.

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Isn't current fcc little shady? Can be expect some murdoch, trump's freind, a favor?

With the shit Trump is trying to pull through them to get ATT to drop CNN or they'll nix the WB deal what they're doing with Net Neutrality?  Very shady

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Deadpool should be the only character to say within the confines of an R rated universe separate from the MCU but all other characters from the X-Men and FF not in the DP r rated universe should come back home under the MCU. After Reynolds is done with DP then he can come within the MCU properly, the character doesn't necessarily have to be R rated.

I disagree, not story wise but box office wise, DP has to be r-rated. That was the whole deal, why deadpool was so big.