Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:08 AM, LaughingEvans said:

Snyder's watchmen is an endless music video clip. All events and characters used from the novel are purely coincidental. 

It's not quite that bad, but, despite Snyder's visual faithfulness to the Alan Moore novel, he misread several of the charecters...that main villain in particular.Tipping his hand that the character was the villain so early in the film was a huge, huge, mistake. The misreads of charecters in the film hurt it in a way all the film shots based on the panals in the graphic novel could not make up for.

• Like 1

I fully enjoyed Watchmen the film.

I wholly love 300.

I find Sucker Punch to be a creative mess.

I had high hopes for Snyder but his DC entries just haven't wowed me like I would've hoped.

He took source material (or the screen writer(s)) and did a really good job of translating it in places, adapting it in others and seamlessly leaving out the portions that would've derailed the main story and crafted it into a solid film.

Why Man of Steel is only 1/2 of a good film with better source material from which to draw still boggles my mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Films to his name are all the Conjuring films, Lights Out, and It.

First James Wan for Aquaman, then David Samberg and Jack Dylan Grazer for Shazam, and now Hamada as DC Films President. New Line Horror's takeover of DC is almost complete.:sparta:

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

First James Wan for Aquaman, then David Samberg and Jack Dylan Grazer for Shazam, and now Hamada as DC Films President. New Line Horror's takeover of DC is almost complete.:sparta:

Now I can see how DCEU takes the superhero movie genre to a whole new level. They now make the  superHORROR movies.  

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why is it that no big name directors ever take on Superhero movies?

Some of Hollywood see CBM's as "lazy" film making basically (see Jodie Foster's comments). It's a pity though, because I'm still in awe with what Nolan did with TDK trilogy.

4 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

Some of Hollywood see CBM's as "lazy" film making basically (see Jodie Foster's comments). It's a pity though, because I'm still in awe with what Nolan did with TDK trilogy.

yeah good movies

A small side note, did you know Nolan's batman trilogy combined made less world wide than Avatar?

Edited by IronJimbo

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why is it that no big name directors ever take on Superhero movies?

Some did talk about it in interview, they did in the pass (superman had a long list of big name candidate in the 70s), from what people said it is not only to save a good amount of money but because of the level of control studio tend to want do not match what big name director like to have.

• Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Some did talk about it in interview, they did in the pass (superman had a long list of big name candidate in the 70s), from what people said it is not only to save a good amount of money but because of the level of control studio tend to want do not match what big name director like to have.

Jim actually was going to do the original spiderman and they stole elements from his script he submitted to them like the upside down kiss and the web that comes out of his wrist (instead of a bracelet). 

I actually like a few superhero movies here and there but the formulaic approach that most of them take and the marvel humour is just not for me.

Films like Blade, The Dark Knight, Spider Man and Unbreakable are completely respectable good movies.