Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Seriously, mods ought to replace the "Harry Potter" in the thread title with "IronJimbo", because no one talks about HP here and IronJimbo contributes about half of the activities in this thread.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Seriously, mods ought to replace the "Harry Potter" in the thread title with "IronJimbo", because no one talks about HP here and IronJimbo contributes about half of the activities in this thread.

I would rather take Star Wars place.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I would rather take Star Wars place.

I always knew you were a coward being afraid of facing Star Wars, even just in a thread title.

:insane:

Edited by vc2002

7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I always knew you were a coward being afraid of facing Star Wars, even just in a thread title

:insane:

I know this is just a joke but Star Wars has already shot themselves in the foot when they decided on JJ abrahams as the captain at the helm for the new wars. They set themselves up for mediocrasy right of the get go, it could have been something so much more. Blinded by nostalgia the fans ate it up and praised it for being something special which couldn't be further from the truth.

It's sad it really is, I was brought up on Star Wars and hoped for it's triumphant return. Instead we have the soulless cookie cooker films that lack the individuals vision which brings heart to cinema.

Star Wars is now a predictable entity and has no place competing with James Camerons Avatar which is about to take the 21st century by storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I know this is just a joke but Star Wars has already shot themselves in the foot when they decided on JJ abrahams as the captain at the helm for the new wars. They set themselves up for mediocrasy right of the get go, it could have been something so much more. Blinded by nostalgia the fans ate it up and praised it for being something special which couldn't be further from the truth.

It's sad it really is, I was brought up on Star Wars and hoped for it's triumphant return. Instead we have the soulless cookie cooker films that lack the individuals vision which brings heart to cinema.

Star Wars is now a predictable entity and has no place competing with James Camerons Avatar which is about to take the 21st century by storm.

At least JJ Abrams gave us a coherent story-line even if it was a remake of A New Hope

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It's funny because Terminator franchise is like SW in a way.

Terminator RoM, Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genesys are like the ST once the creator throws his baby away to studio execs (At least Cameron stopped before making Terminator prequels), directed by lesser directors trying so hard to pander to old fans with cringey fan service then shitting the bed with their own rote "creativity" with dead ends storylines, dubious retcons and uninteresting new characters that don't hold a candle to T1 and T2's characters squandering their legacy. Except SW ST is raking the big bucks doing the latter.

Edited by dashrendar44

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

It's funny because Terminator franchise is like SW in a way.

Terminator RoM, Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genesys are like the ST once the creator throws his baby away to studio execs (At least Cameron stopped before making Terminator prequels), directed by lesser directors trying so hard to pander to old fans with cringey fan service then shitting the bed with their own rote "creativity" with dead ends storylines, dubious retcons and uninteresting new characters that don't hold a candle to T1 and T2's characters squandering their legacy. Except SW ST is raking the big bucks doing the latter.

Maybe Locust will come back and save Star Wars, doubt it though after the money Disney spent.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol I didn't realize Black Panther is about to become #3 domestically.

I think we can officially call DC David and Marvel Goliath.

I think it’s been like that for awhile 

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ah I didn't think of that, you're right Avatar is the bible of cinema.

I suggest you go to any film school and say that and see  all the film students collapse with laughter at that statement.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I suggest you go to any film school and say that and see all the film students collapse with laughter at that statement.

Film school, why would you go there? Non of the best directors come from film schools.

• Like 1

We were analyzing Titanic in film school so I don't know why studying Cameron movies would be such a laughing stock...

There's a reason why Spielberg, Jackson, Del Toro, Cuaron, Scorcese among others directors were all curious what Cameron was up to when he made Avatar, some of them came to visit the movie sets eager to understand his filmmaking process and how he adapted the language of cinema to new technologies to understand the pros/cons and what fields of exploration it opened for their own endeavour.

I trust those accomplished artists more than what "film student" nobodies think.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think this has to be the first time ever agreeing with you. :stretcher:

Well Avatar 2 is going to make over $3b WW, you best make that a second time agreeing or you're going to have me to answer to in 2020 DEC

Speaking of which only 1000 days left tomorrow

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well Avatar 2 is going to make over $3b WW, you best make that a second time agreeing or you're going to have me to answer to in 2020 DEC

Speaking of which only 1000 days left tomorrow

Call Jim and tell him to hurry the hell up. Jesus he's slow.