Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Star Wars moved to that spot for two reasons.  1. To give Aladdin their original spot 2. To cut the legs of WW2.  Disney does not want WW2 out doing their own female superhero film released in the same year.   

Nothing to do with giving more space in between their SW movies and moving it back to a winning slot they had for three straight years.

Totally to dick over WW2.

17 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

A winning spot and to fuck over WW2.   Nice to know you are getting it. 

I mean, if you're world view is so dire and attached to a film franchise that you truly think that other companies are purposefully trying to sabotage your film franchise in some insane conspiracy theory...sure.

• Like 1

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Watch out for the crazy fans who get insecure when one person doesn’t like their multi billion dollar franchise

Nah, they're not real smart, nor are they threatening. Like most fans who take this stuff way to seriously. I love the Marvel movies, but they're just action/blockbusters, I don't expect them to be more than that, and I don't really want them to be. Funny book movies that are a fun watch, and I move on with my life.

Spoiler

now Star Wars is serious business. :P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

Uh,when Warners scheduled Aquaman, they knew that Mary Poppins Returns would open just a few days later. If Disney is burying Aquaman, Warners gave them the shovel.

I don't think Disney schudules movies to "bury" DC films anymore then they schedule films to "bury' any other competiion. They schedule the dates they think will be best for a huge Opening Weekend gross.

DC fans would get more respect if they stopped the Disney conspiracy theories.

Aquaman ran away from alita.. pretty funny if you ask me

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RandomCat said:

Nah, they're not real smart, nor are they threatening. Like most fans who take this stuff way to seriously. I love the Marvel movies, but they're just action/blockbusters, I don't expect them to be more than that, and I don't really want them to be. Funny book movies that are a fun watch, and I move on with my life.

Reveal hidden contents

was* serious business

• Haha 1

Eliminating outliers, this is how I see the franchises:

X-Men U : Big bowl of good nutritious salad with some feta and drizzled with olive oil

DCEU: Rotten (pun intended) over-complicated salad drizzled with sour cream (as a fail-safe).

MCU : Well planned and executed, tasty burger and fries with simple fresh salad on the side

Sony: Undercooked burger and stale fries that Kurtzman and Orci spat on

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

On 4/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, RRA said:

Nah.

Besides historically speaking, WB/DC films tend to do the work of burying themselves.

Historically, WB/DC films tend to .... do extremely well. I mean, last year was an alleged disaster for them, and yet the two DC movies were the #3 and #10 DOM box office films, with an average of $321m DOM box office. Most franchises and studios would kill for that.

Heck, the two 2017 Disney/Marvel films were #5 and #8, and averaged $352m DOM. That's a win for Disney/Marvel, sure, but it's not a massive one. 

In 2016, the two DC films were  the #8 and #9 DOM movies, and averaged $328m DOM box office. The two Disney/Marvel films that year were #3 and #13, and averaged $320m DOM box office, a slight edge for DC.

So over the past two years, when DC was allegedly flopping massively left and right, with the hugely-criticized Batman vs Superman, Justice League, and Suicide Squad films, their four films actually DOM-grossed $1.298 B compared to Marvel Disney's $1.344 B, almost a rounding-error difference.

And this narrow result is with Disney/Marvel allegedly doing everything right and WB/DC constantly tripping over its cape.

Imagine what WB/DC would do if they actually got their shite together?

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:48 PM, RRA said:

No she didn’t.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, RandomCat said:

Yes she did. Just very few. After all, her intention was to keep it as secret as possible for fear of a leak, but it's clear in the film that there are bridge officers that know, just that Billie Lord isn't one of them.

I'll clarify. Poe literally bursts onto the bridge, as a screen is up as everyone is prepping for this plan. Where we see people actively working on getting ships prepped for launch. Bridge Crew were working on this plan. It's literally impossible for Holdo to have told nobody about this plan. It's a fallacy to act like she told no one, because the characters we follow weren't told. It's also in poor faith to your argument to continue in that way, since it's pretty obvious if you watch the film that other people knew about Holdo's plan.

Edited by RandomCat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Historically, WB/DC films tend to .... do extremely well. I mean, last year was an alleged disaster for them, and yet the two DC movies were the #3 and #10 DOM box office films, with an average of $321m DOM box office. Most franchises and studios would kill for that.

Heck, the two 2017 Disney/Marvel films were #5 and #8, and averaged $352m DOM. That's a win for Disney/Marvel, sure, but it's not a massive one. 

In 2016, the two DC films were  the #8 and #9 DOM movies, and averaged $328m DOM box office. The two Disney/Marvel films that year were #3 and #13, and averaged $320m DOM box office, a slight edge for DC.

So over the past two years, when DC was allegedly flopping massively left and right, with the hugely-criticized Batman vs Superman, Justice League, and Suicide Squad films, their four films actually DOM-grossed $1.298 B compared to Marvel Disney's $1.344 B, almost a rounding-error difference.

And this narrow result is with Disney/Marvel allegedly doing everything right and WB/DC constantly tripping over its cape.

Imagine what WB/DC would do if they actually got their shite together?

:thinking: Hm...Extremely well? If you ignore all context to the #s what so ever and act like 229M is a good total DOM for you're answer to the Avengers, so much so that you fired the director for during Post and brought on the director of the Avengers to fix.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

:thinking: Hm...Extremely well? If you ignore all context to the #s what so ever and act like 229M is a good total DOM for you're answer to the Avengers, so much so that you fired the director for during Post and brought on the director of the Avengers to fix.

You're ignoring more context than I am, by throwing out the other three DC films i mentioned to focus only on Justice League.

Look at the last two years in toto, and over four films, Disney/Marvel has a whopping ... $46 million DOM edge. You can try to spin that into something big all you want, but that dollar figure won't budge. 

If you want to say Disney/Marvel has swamped WB/DC the last six months, well the numbers support that. But that's not the claim i objected to. 

Edited by SteveJaros

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Aquaman ran away from alita.. pretty funny if you ask me

A. I don't think Aquaman has actually moved.

B. If it did, it was more to have more time to rake in the dough before MPR opens, then fear of Alita.

C. Ever think your over the top Cameron Is God And Can Do No Wrong routine is hurting your cause rather then help it?

40 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

WB/DC have massive potential if they can get it together.  WW showed that they could and I'm hoping Aquaman is a new beginning.

The worst is behind us.

And we heard this right before Justice League opened.....

I think DC Studios did the right thing with pretty much scrapping Snyder,but we have yet to see how they will do post Snyder.

What the DCU needs is some consistency.They need to put together a series of good films, rather then a hit and miss record.