Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, bladels said:

Oh please, check BP's threads yourself and see how many times you brought Avatar up.

And yes, it's not only your fault. People (myself included) continue to take your baits and talk about Avatar.

you make it sound as though I'm some mastermind who meticulously plans how to divert any possible scenario into an Avatar discussion... I just love Jim my man

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

Oh please, check BP's threads yourself and see how many times you brought Avatar up.

And yes, it's not only your fault. People (myself included) continue to take your baits and talk about Avatar.

I'll be honest: I tag him sometimes just to low key stir things up. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you make it sound as though I'm some mastermind who meticulously plans how to divert any possible scenario into an Avatar discussion... I just love Jim my man

You have the talent whether you know it or not.

I don't mind talking about Avatar but sometimes you need to turn it down a little. We all know it's the highest grossing film by a mile.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Without my posts this thread goes for days unbumped by the way

Unfortunately he's right. DC fan army is encamped beyond a barb wire fence for safety in their threads. After AQUAMAN is a hit, maybe they'll come back here and play again?

• Like 1

I wonder what'll happen to the mental health of JC fans in here if Avatar 2 doesn't match or surpass the original at the box office? Or even what if it barely makes 1B WW? 

Edited by DMan7

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Cameron shouldn’t even belong in such a thread . How is he even a factor when talking about franchises, a man who has done two movies in the last 25 years ? Why not have Spielberg here while we are at it , or even Michael bay, he has had a ton of box office successes too. This should have been about franchises, lotr, hp, Star Wars, marvel e.t.c . 

Anyway moderation is piss poor, possibly because the forum needs money,  so all threads are basically bloated with the same bullshit and back and forth with no real discussion about anything apart from having 2-3 posters with lots of time on their hands making hundreds of posts each day about the same damn things.

I think I have a better answer to your own question: Avatar and Titanic are just a lot more discussion-worthy (or you might want to call it "flamewar-worthy") than most of the movies out there. Avatar particularly, as long as it's still the highest grossing film of all time.

But on the other hand, I agree with you that the two you-know-who Cameron fans have contributed a lot of pointlessness in this thread (and the Avatar thread), particularly by their sort of talking-to-each-other-chitchat posts which should've happened on Whatsapp messaging. But then this thread is created for better management of fanboy flamewars, so it's better not to expect very constructive posts from this thread.

Edited by vc2002

Speaking of DC, the other day yet another of my postings got deleted by the Mods in the WW thread. Here's the weird thing: I was actually defending the Wiig/Cheetah casting from some person there comparing it to the Halle Berry Catwoman movie. I get it, some guys online feel violated by that failed reboot Wiig did a couple years back but don't miss the forest for the trees. She's talented. Jesus, have some faith in Jenkins folks. 

So why was that posting deleted? I think it's basically I more or less said at the end that surely not all the DCEU villains will be lackluster. As in yes I've criticized the villains in those movies (this isn't exactly a minority opinion online), but you know Marvel had that problem too where consistently their adversaries would be meh, regardless of the acting talent. (I mean Phase 1 and 2, I would make the cases for the merit of Loki/Red Skull/Winter Soldier...or 3 out of what, 12 movies? Dear lord...) But in Phase 3, more often than not the villains have at least been decent? (DR STRANGE whiffed there though.) Some problems aren't necessarily static. Maybe AQUAMAN can fix that problem for them first? Maybe WW2 will? Maybe SHAZAM!? I mean who knows. 

I mean why can't people tolerate nuanced opinions about a studio? Yeah I'm a Marvel fan, but I'll call them out (like many online have) about their issues with soundtracks and villains and whatever else on both a fan point and in terms of cinema (Like a certain character killed off in BLACK PANTHER that I didn't like because said character could've been useful later on...and no its not who you're probably thinking about.) or that I think some of their stuff is stronger than their other work. (Or you know that for their well-heralded imagination to believe audiences around the world will love a talking raccoon or walking American flags or Space Vikings, they couldn't do that for a female-fronted movie until recent times. I mean folks, what's true is true.)

Yeah save for WW, I've not exactly been wowed by the DCEU. I say that while admitting I don't think the casting in alot of those movies are the problem (except maybe "Damaged" himself because screw him) but good casts can only do so much if they're not given much to work with. Didn't WW prove that? 

Here's the delicious irony: I've been called out in DC threads by fans of that brand in the past for being a hater. Yet times where I'm defending decisions of theirs (not always but they do happen when common sense forces me to intervene), I get the delete button. I don't get the delete button in Marvel threads when I criticize that company or output.   

42 minutes ago, RRA said:

Speaking of DC, the other day yet another of my postings got deleted by the Mods in the WW thread. Here's the weird thing: I was actually defending the Wiig/Cheetah casting from some person there comparing it to the Halle Berry Catwoman movie. I get it, some guys online feel violated by that failed reboot Wiig did a couple years back but don't miss the forest for the trees. She's talented. Jesus, have some faith in Jenkins folks. 

So why was that posting deleted? I think it's basically I more or less said at the end that surely not all the DCEU villains will be lackluster. As in yes I've criticized the villains in those movies (this isn't exactly a minority opinion online), but you know Marvel had that problem too where consistently their adversaries would be meh, regardless of the acting talent. (I mean Phase 1 and 2, I would make the cases for the merit of Loki/Red Skull/Winter Soldier...or 3 out of what, 12 movies? Dear lord...) But in Phase 3, more often than not the villains have at least been decent? (DR STRANGE whiffed there though.) Some problems aren't necessarily static. Maybe AQUAMAN can fix that problem for them first? Maybe WW2 will? Maybe SHAZAM!? I mean who knows. 

I mean why can't people tolerate nuanced opinions about a studio? Yeah I'm a Marvel fan, but I'll call them out (like many online have) about their issues with soundtracks and villains and whatever else on both a fan point and in terms of cinema (Like a certain character killed off in BLACK PANTHER that I didn't like because said character could've been useful later on...and no its not who you're probably thinking about.) or that I think some of their stuff is stronger than their other work. (Or you know that for their well-heralded imagination to believe audiences around the world will love a talking raccoon or walking American flags or Space Vikings, they couldn't do that for a female-fronted movie until recent times. I mean folks, what's true is true.)

Yeah save for WW, I've not exactly been wowed by the DCEU. I say that while admitting I don't think the casting in alot of those movies are the problem (except maybe "Damaged" himself because screw him) but good casts can only do so much if they're not given much to work with. Didn't WW prove that? 

Here's the delicious irony: I've been called out in DC threads by fans of that brand in the past for being a hater. Yet times where I'm defending decisions of theirs (not always but they do happen when common sense forces me to intervene), I get the delete button. I don't get the delete button in Marvel threads when I criticize that company or output.   

Question: About this deleted post, you bring it up with the mods?

On 7-5-2018 at 11:51 AM, IronJimbo said:

Make an iron man trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Make a batman trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Take the phenomenon that is Black Panther, double it's gross.

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

MCU - 16 BiLLION and counting!!

James Cameron - 6,1 BILLION 

James Cameron has a lot of catching up to do!!

• Astonished 1

On 4/25/2018 at 7:11 PM, DMan7 said:

1. MCU: 14.8B

2. Pixar: 11.9B

3. Star Wars: 9B

4. Potter:7.7B

5. Fast and Furious: 5.1B

6. Bond: 5.09B

7. Fox/Marvel: 4.9B

8. Pirates: 4.5B

9. Transformers: 4.3B

10. DC: 3.7B

11. LOTR: 2.9B

12. Dead Last Avatar: 2.78B

:whosad:

BREAKING NEW: JC FANS LAST SEEN EXITING BOT FORUMS AFTER THE LATEST POST ON FRANCHISE WARS THREAD.

Edited by DMan7

4 hours ago, bladels said:

To be fair. Cameron contributes half of total activities in this forum.

Jimbo has a talent to bring Avatar into any f*cking conversation.

On  sites with decent moderators, Jimbo would have been in trouble for "Thread Hijacking" a long time ago.

Conversations in threads have a natural tendacy for topic drift, but that is different then somebody delibertly trying to force a thread into a totally different topic...

Irony is if anything these antics backfire;make people resentful of the both the fanboy and the cause his supports.

If that doesn't work, Comcast would still prefer a consolation prize to nothing.

ROFL

Comcast has lost any shame or sense of class and it's literally BEGGING for a deal with Disney via their news channel. And it's getting clear to me that this is looking more like a desperate maneuver than anything else. Market is pissed off, CMSA stocks keep going lower and they are basically saying we'll give up if you give us... something. It's embarassing to watch, really.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Life goes on said:

MCU - 16 BiLLION and counting!!

James Cameron - 6,1 BILLION 

James Cameron has a lot of catching up to do!!

56 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

BREAKING NEW: JC FANS LAST SEEN EXITING BOT FORUMS AFTER THE LATEST POST ON FRANCHISE WARS THREAD.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:11 AM, DMan7 said:

1. MCU: 14.8B

2. Pixar: 11.9B

3. Star Wars: 9B

4. Potter:7.7B

5. Fast and Furious: 5.1B

6. Bond: 5.09B

7. Fox/Marvel: 4.9B

8. Pirates: 4.5B

9. Transformers: 4.3B

10. DC: 3.7B

11. LOTR: 2.9B

12. Dead Last Avatar: 2.78B

:whosad:

My reactions to these posts 

giphy.gif

Now tell me you people aren't crazy ?

You accepted that JC is the King. 

Some of the movies have 70 to 80 years of comics. LOTR with the great books behind it's success.

Others with atleast 10 years of franchise. 

Still comparing Avatar with 11 Franchises ??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1