Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'll go ahead and also say Avatar 2 doesn't get a $200M Opening Weekend in North America

Will probably get one in China and still make $2 Billion though. 

Does A2 need $200m opening to become the highest grossing Domestic film?

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

For perspective on these silly Alice 2 comps, Avatar 2 behaving like that would get it only 800m WW. So basically it would have to gross less than 400m from worldwide-china. Lmao. 

Alice 2 did not even retain the director while Avatar 2 keeps the king as he is the main draw. So Alice 2 could be most horrid comparison for A2. Alice 2 and 300:ROE were comparable at some level.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'll go ahead and also say Avatar 2 doesn't get a $200M Opening Weekend in North America

Will probably get one in China and still make $2 Billion though. 

Only fans of weak franchises that can't aim for first place even care about opening weekends. 

• Like 1

I met Foureira a couple of times in person and she has a lot of talentnand temperament for this level.

Needless to say, Israel won because god forbid we would be fat shamers and sexists if we didn't vote for her. With shit like this it feels like the human race is actually devolving, it's a sin to look up to people with great appearance , we are forced to admire the fats and the uglies.

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Only fans of weak franchises that can't aim for first place even care about opening weekends. 

So you're conceding OW away? Interesting. 

1 minute ago, RRA said:

So you're conceding OW away? Interesting. 

It was never mine to concede, the measure of success to me isn't how fast you are out of the starting blocks, it's who is first over the finish line. 

29 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It was never mine to concede, the measure of success to me isn't how fast you are out of the starting blocks, it's who is first over the finish line. 

You know your hero never would’ve conceded that. This is why he is the king of the world and rest of us are peasants. 

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

You know your hero never would’ve conceded that. This is why he is the king of the world and rest of us are peasants. 

Did JC ever actually hold that record though? And you're right, we can only hope to attain his greatness. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A2k Raptor said:

if a2 is a steaming hot pile of trash at the level of batman & robin/battlefield earth/etc it should still make it to 1.5b ww. 

the chances of this happening are less than 1 in 2,780,000,000

It's interesting, when you eliminate AoU and its ho hum reception, Marvel has put out nothing but one film after the other that highly pleased fans ever since Winter Soldier. I wonder then how much all of the phase 3 films may have been grossing pre-BP if AoU hadn't kind of deflated their sails a bit? With the quality of phase 3 combined with AoU being more like TA and IW and having that Avengers effect, all of the phase 3 films save maybe Strange may have been massive. Not that they weren't all big hits, but I'm talking like 400+/1b+ DOM/WW type of grosses. 

Any chance BP can stay in the top 10 for 15 weeks? It had a somewhat high drop this weekend but it's PTA is still higher than Rampage and IFP, and Tully only stayed ahead thanks to Mother's day. If BP can stay in the top 10 next weekend I can see Disney doing what they did for AWiT Memorial Day weekend, next weekend there are 3 wide releases, and Memorial Day weekend there's only Solo.

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Any chance BP can stay in the top 10 for 15 weeks? It had a somewhat high drop this weekend but it's PTA is still higher than Rampage and IFP, and Tully only stayed ahead thanks to Mother's day. If BP can stay in the top 10 next weekend I can see Disney doing what they did for AWiT Memorial Day weekend, next weekend there are 3 wide releases, and Memorial Day weekend there's only Solo.

Nah, it's done. Jumanji dropped nearly 50% after the Blu-Ray came out, and this will be facing a pretty bad TC drop.

If Patty Jenkins hadn't knocked out of the park Wonder Woman ... wonder where the DCEU would be right now ....

Frightening thoughts.

I mean, they would still produce and release new films but talk about a damaged brand ...

Ykes ...