Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I can't tell with Jimbo's trolling, but I guess this is the right place to ask. So what is DC's plan now? Is there even a schedule outside of WW2 and Aquaman? 

Can't imagine them blowing everything up and starting over now, because then that'd have to include WW. And you can't reboot everything else, yet leave this WW. I'm too lazy to look, does the DCEU even have anything planned and actually scheduled at this point other than those two?

Man they need new leadership.

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I can't tell with Jimbo's trolling, but I guess this is the right place to ask. So what is DC's plan now? Is there even a schedule outside of WW2 and Aquaman? 

Can't imagine them blowing everything up and starting over now, because then that'd have to include WW. And you can't reboot everything else, yet leave this WW. I'm too lazy to look, does the DCEU even have anything planned and actually scheduled at this point other than those two?

There's SHAZAM in like a year, but that's being overestimated by sooooo many users.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Aquaman: December 

Shazam: April 2019

WW2: November 2019

Suicide Squad 2: (Likely) Feb 2020

That's as far as they are right now. 

Just now, MrGamer said:

Aquaman: December 

Shazam: April 2019

WW2: November 2019

Suicide Squad 2: (Likely) Feb 2020

That's as far as they are right now. 

Okay but I mean, are these actually going to happen. Because if it's not already in production, I don't see how they don't yank the plug on everything and wheel the drawing board back in.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Jandrew said:

Okay but I mean, are these actually going to happen. Because if it's not already in production, I don't see how they don't yank the plug on everything and wheel the drawing board back in.

Shazam's already in production in Toronto. They won't skip out on WW2 and SS2 because of the money the first ones made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Aquaman's in post production, Shazam is shooting now and WW2 and SS2 are scheduled for shooting in the summer and fall. They're unlikely to pull the plug on WW2 because that was a huge hit and SS2 made money and they're taking their time with it so it's unlikely to be pulled either. 

I wasnt suggesting skip WW2, I’m actually stoked for that. I figured WW2 and Aquaman was all they were banking on at this point. 

At least they have faitfh in Shazam. They really dragged their feet with SS2 though, that shouldve been fast tracked and on its way out this year imo.

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I wasnt suggesting skip WW2, I’m actually stoked for that. I figured WW2 and Aquaman was all they were banking on at this point. 

At least they have faitfh in Shazam. They really dragged their feet with SS2 though, that shouldve been fast tracked and on its way out this year imo.

I think it's sensible that they're taking their time with SS2, they hired a strong director in Gavin O'Connor who's also writing. 

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

hey really dragged their feet with SS2 though, that shouldve been fast tracked and on its way out this year imo.

Margot Robbie and Will are busy people, brah. Also, rushing it would have done more harm than good. I like the rumored new plan of including The Rock in it. Could be a breakout in China especially if it gets a release there.

15 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Shazam's already in production in Toronto. They won't skip out on WW2 and SS2 because of the money the first ones made. 

WW2 will do fine but SS2 smells like something that’ll see a decrease because the first movie wasn’t that hot (I mean SS plus BVS was why JL opened what it did after all) regardless if the sequel improves to “watchable enough to make me not want to throw a shoe at the screen.”

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Honestly, if Disney buying DC gave me some peace of mind over their films, I would be for it. 

Or Feige pulls a Vince McMahon, buys DC, and bury the DC characters getting their butts kicked on screen repeatedly by his Marvel characters.

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think it's sensible that they're taking their time with SS2, they hired a strong director in Gavin O'Connor who's also writing. 

At least it means that franchise’s knack for atrociously stages action scenes will continue. (I’ll never forgive O’Connor for marring a decent film like WARRIOR with post-action shot fight scenes.)

44 minutes ago, RRA said:

WW2 will do fine but SS2 smells like something that’ll see a decrease because the first movie wasn’t that hot (I mean SS plus BVS was why JL opened what it did after all)

Near 750M without China for a new franchise is "not that hot"? And the SS fanbase is different to the BvS/JL fanbase. There is an ample overlap of course, but those people would turn up for SS2 regardless. SS also has its own army of Harley Quinn/Hot Target fangirls and fanboys, Hispanic and black audiences who enjoyed El Diablo and Will Smith/Viola Davis, and if they include The Rock, then it would be catering to a wider F&F demo. Maybe if they include new 21 Pilots/Imagine Dragons/Lil Wayne or some other current artist OST's, then teens and tweens would return too.

As Jonwo said, reaching the first film's dom total would be hard, but OS with China sure to come into play unlike the first film, it may more than make up for any domestic decrease. 

The fact that SS2 is still happening is just the saddest news 

I honestly can not say I've seen a worse CBM than SS , people who wrote, produced and directed that should have their movie making privileges revoked 

The script was so bad Even Viola Davis looked like she could not act , VIOLA FUCKING DAVIS 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Near 750M without China for a new franchise is "not that hot"? And the SS fanbase is different to the BvS/JL fanbase. There is an ample overlap of course, but those people would turn up for SS2 regardless. SS also has its own army of Harley Quinn/Hot Target fangirls and fanboys, Hispanic and black audiences who enjoyed El Diablo and Will Smith/Viola Davis, and if they include The Rock, then it would be catering to a wider F&F demo. Maybe if they include new 21 Pilots/Imagine Dragons/Lil Wayne or some other current artist OST's, then teens and tweens would return too.

As Jonwo said, reaching the first film's dom total would be hard, but OS with China sure to come into play unlike the first film, it may more than make up for any domestic decrease. 

Lol I was talking about it’s domestic front. A lot of spilled digital ink for something I wasn’t even talking about.