Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

With that logic, why not Stein or Johnson ? All of american and western media & elites were much more certain without exception (like Trump had many exception like the biggest of them all American cable news network)

Trump won by about 70k people voting one way instead of the other in a 315+ million people country, that "knowing" type of talk specially if someone didn't bet a big amount of money on it, sound quite BS.

Half the people voted for Trump and half the people voted for Brexit.

It's all a response to globalisation and technology fucking half the people over and the more they get fucked over, the bigger that group is going to become.

If they don't do something to redress the balance, eventually the pitchforks will come out.

39 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Now that Avatar is Disney's flagship

Given that the IP is not Disney, Avatar is less a flagship and more a veteran condottieri hired on for past reputation.

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Given that the IP is not Disney, Avatar is less a flagship and more a veteran condottieri hired on for past reputation.

the world-renowned most famous and heroic condottieri band you've ever known

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Now that Avatar is Disney's flagship, whose second down the chain? Star Wars or the MCU?

Well Disney's SW has a much higher average, whatever the title of this thread says. But both franchises are in free fall at the moment, falling by respectively $900m and more than $1.3B (!) between movies. So it all depends on whether AntMan2 can beat Solo domestically.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well Disney's SW has a much higher average, whatever the title of this thread says. But both franchises are in free fall at the moment, falling by respectively $900m and more than $1.3B (!) between movies. So it all depends on whether AntMan2 can beat Solo domestically.

Fighting for second place. :jeb!:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

*dumb superhero movie comes out*

"trump will get re-elected because this movie made money"

What I mean is this movie has a lot of horrible deaths and torture and the next thing they show is some joke to make people laugh and have a great time at the theater. That's kinda disturbing to me. This movie had some darker scenes than anything in the DCEU. The fact that this is the type of message that gets approved and cheered up while everyone criticizes Zack Snyder for dealing with the consequences of death in a comic book movie just seems wrong to me.

• Like 1

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

Trump will be re-elected for the same reason he was elected in the first place. He controls his opposition.

Especially if they democrats do the blunder of heading with Hillary again.

I don't think even the Dems are stupid enough to drink that poison again. Although as it stands there is no one who I can see beating Trump on the Dem side. I've actually always liked Joe Kennedy III, but not sure he wants to run. 

I'd still love to see Zuck run against Trump and really get that clown car rolling. 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What I mean is this movie has a lot of horrible deaths and torture and the next thing they show is some joke to make people laugh and have a great time at the theater. That's kinda disturbing to me. This movie had some darker scenes than anything in the DCEU. The fact that this is the type of message that gets approved and cheered up while everyone criticizes Zack Snyder for dealing with the consequences of death in a comic book movie just seems wrong to me.

All of the deaths are dealt with seriously.  Not quite sure what you’re talking about with this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Trump will be re-elected for the same reason he was elected in the first place. He controls his opposition.

Especially if they democrats do the blunder of heading with Hillary again.

On second though, let's take the politics to another section.

Edited by dudalb

53 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

All of the deaths are dealt with seriously.  Not quite sure what you’re talking about with this.

I think the objections to torture is really good,remembering Batman Branding People in BvS. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sas to hear you have drunk the Trump Kool Aid.

if Trump is releccted, it will be the last real electin we have in the US for a long time.

I don't know what that means, but I am not a fan of his in any case. I may be a fan of his surreal existence, but I fully understand that he is dangerous.

The fact that I don't like what the dems presented in the latest elections doesn't make me a Trump fan.

Try to see things from an outside perspective.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

PG-13 superheroes does take all of the deaths seriously, they almost by design cannot.

That why infinity war they kill some faceless/personnality less blue alien during battle, so we do not have to deal with their death:

avengers-infinity-war-7591.jpg

11 hours ago, MattW said:

IMO it's less of a waste of time talking about box office than it is talking about sportsball scores

Both are extremelly similar imo (cannot imagine in what way talking about box office is not 100% a total waste of time), except if you plan to bet money on result but same goes for sportsball scores and them have bigger betting opportunity I think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barnack said:

PG-13 superheroes does take all of the deaths seriously, they almost by design cannot.

That why infinity war they kill some faceless/personnality less blue alien during battle, so we do not have to deal with their death:

avengers-infinity-war-7591.jpg

I mean yeah, but clearly he had no problem with that in Man of Steel so I assume he didn't have a problem with that here.

• Haha 1