Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 7/30/2018 at 9:49 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hey. Suicide Squad was a good movie.

Would be an interesting experiment to be able to watch movies from the point of view of people that saw Suicide Squad and thought that was a well made feature film.

According to rotten tomatoes, more than 25% of people watching a lot of movies for a living thought that while watching it.

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Why can't Suicide Squad 2 be good? It's not even going to have the same director.

You have a 1/5 chance of that movie being good. First step would be to get rid of Jared Leto's character. Act like he never existed. Cut out the pop songs. Hire a actual screen writer. And give Will Smith 80 percent of the screen time as his character was the only enjoyable thing about the first film. Harley is tainted by Riff Raff Joker.

15 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Can Suicide Squad 2 also win more Oscar(s) than the entire MCU? :Venom:

Unlikely, BP is likely going to win best VFX along with other technical awards. The director took great care when composing the movie.

FAMBs57.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Unlikely, BP is likely going to win best VFX along with other technical awards. The director took great care when composing the movie.

FAMBs57.jpg

looks worse than prototype

latest?cb=20120711190306

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

FAMBs57.jpg

Is this a actual still from the movie or from a low bit rate youtube video

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Is this a actual still from the movie or from a low bit rate youtube video

Both, at this point there's not much of a difference. Marvel has been cutting corners for a long time, their goal is maximum profit and minimal costs. They're making more money than ever but continue to cut costs in the VFX department, even Iron Man is starting to look like an unfinished mockup.

7b3lk8v.jpg

• Like 2

Well the CGI in GOTG v2 and Dr. Strange was superb so they can still obviously turn out good sfx. The only really bad cgi I've noticed lately is Spider-Man's suit is very obvious and any shot in IW of a character in a mech suit without their helmet on.(Bruce Banner especially.)

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Well the CGI in GOTG v2 and Dr. Strange was superb so they can still obviously turn out good sfx. The only really bad cgi I've noticed lately is Spider-Man's suit is very obvious and any shot in IW of a character in a mech suit without their helmet on.(Bruce Banner especially.)

Did you not watch Bleack Panther?

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Did you not watch Bleack Panther?

I said that I noticed. Other than stills posted online the CGI is not noticeable to me while watching the film itself. And its only mostly that final battle anyways. Spider-Man's suit on the other hand, I know what it looks like when its real, from the Raimi movies. So when I see it in the MCU, it always sticks out to me that it looks fake and I don't understand why they don't just shoot non action scenes with a actual costume. 

And the Banner "YOU GUYS ARE SO SCREWED" shot sticks out every single time I watch the movie but I just ignore it cause Thor is daddy.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I said that I noticed. Other than stills posted online the CGI is not noticeable to me while watching the film itself. And its only mostly that final battle anyways. Spider-Man's suit on the other hand, I know what it looks like when its real, from the Raimi movies. So when I see it in the MCU, it always sticks out to me that it looks fake and I don't understand why they don't just shoot non action scenes with a actual costume. 

And the Banner "YOU GUYS ARE SO SCREWED" shot sticks out every single time I watch the movie but I just ignore it cause Thor is daddy.

The Thor CGI in that battle is pretty video game level too.

6443487-unnamed.gif

VFX rarely takes me out when watching a film in the cinemas but the fight between Killmonger and Black Panther in the 3rd Act was one of the few times it did. Laziness isn't the culprit as much as running out of time as blockbusters are now set with a release date before they even begin pre-production (with the exception of the Avatar sequels which is why Cameron is able to take his time with those). Infinity War on digital looked pretty good I thought there was only some minor green screen issues and CGI doubles. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

for some reason I thought Banner in the Hulkbuster in the final shot of the heroes at the end looked out of place

Oh that looked really bad. Would have taken the impact away from that final shot of the heroes had he been in the foreground more.

Scott Mendelson writes an article boasting that Infinity War had lease legs than Last Jedi even though spring release versus Christmas makes this a completely worthless comparison 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/31/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-was-more-frontloaded-than-star-wars-the-last-jedi/#7dff66066976

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1