Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Assuming EG does become the highest grossing film of all time...

It will hold the spot for 6 to 20 months depending on an Avatar re-release.

This will be shortest amount of time a highest grossing film has held the spot. Another record for EG

But....A2 isn't passing EG.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

R.I.P.

PaltryHatefulCopperhead-size_restricted.

I (obviously) adore Chewbacca. There are maybe better characters in Star Wars, but he is my favorite since I was a child.

R.I.P.

Edited by peludo
  • Sad 1

Cameron already won. He didn't need a team up movie that had 20 some movies behind it. He did it with an original idea. When Marvel/Disney does that then they can talk. At the moment this looks like a boxing match between prime Tyson, Ali, Kličko, Zavec...  (Marvel) and an old Rocky (Avatar). 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gorenje said:

Cameron already won. He didn't need a team up movie that had 20 some movies behind it. He did it with an original idea. When Marvel/Disney does that then they can talk. At the moment this looks like a boxing match between prime Tyson, Ali, Kličko, Zavec...  (Marvel) and an old Rocky (Avatar). 

Well said

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

To be frank, you know I have an enormous amount of respect for Cameron fans, but I have to say they are on the verge of mental breakdown here. 

I fully expected them to gracefully accept there is a bigger fish. 

I for one welcome our new Disney overlords. Marvel movies being half of the top 10 top BO really says all that needs to be said about our culture. 

1 hour ago, Gorenje said:

Can’t ride with this. I think Marvel fans can’t talk **** until Avatar 2 doesn’t beat endgame because Cameron is literally 2-0 at getting the number 1 spot with his last two releases. So I want to see what Avatar 2 does. I assume he’s doing something “inventive” with tech for the next movie. With how box office has exploded in China... we’ll see. 

But to say avatar was original? Please. Ferngully with Blue beings ain’t the most original thing in the world. Just being fair and honest.

22 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

To be frank, you know I have an enormous amount of respect for Cameron fans, but I have to say they are on the verge of mental breakdown here. 

I fully expected them to gracefully accept there is a bigger fish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaybox said:

But to say avatar was original? Please. Ferngully with Blue beings ain’t the most original thing in the world. Just being fair and honest.

original intellectual property

2 hours ago, jaybox said:

Well, if Michael Eisner was able to claim that The Lion King was an original movie, despite it being a blatant ripoff of Kimba the White Lion, there’s no reason that Avatar can’t be considered an original movie.

Anyway, Titanic had a much more impressive run than Avatar, if you ask me. 

It's nice to see Endgame doing so well. Looks like us Jim Gang people aren't so crazy with our $3B-$4b predictions, considering Endgame was a mess tonally and plot-wise compared to its $2B grossing predecessor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Anyway, Titanic had a much more impressive run than Avatar, if you ask me. 

Titanic was a film on a level that almost no movie has ever reached, let alone on such a scale. The ambitious special effects hold up strong 22 years later, no other movie can make that claim.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

When do you guys think Warner Bros will have another opening weekend over $150 million? It's been 3 years since the last one. They're really missing Zack Snyder...

It 2? Joker?

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

When do you guys think Warner Bros will have another opening weekend over $150 million? It's been 3 years since the last one. They're really missing Zack Snyder...

Hopefully The Batman in June 2021.