WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

None of the first three are on Netflix. Bad idea

I read an article the other day about studios feeling more and more reluctant to keep their stuff on Netflix because it's sort of monopolizing the marketplace

At first I was like "whatever" but the more you think about it, the more accurate that is...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So this guy in the catering business knows personally that JLaw has changed for the worse.

Are you sure you aren't selling baloney?

Get it? Catering, baloney?

Nope, this guy (and his business) works movies, tv, and some awards shows.  

He said she acts so much more "affected" than years ago.  She really was just a normal girl at first.  But I suppose all that money and the celebrity culture would change many of us.

Nicest guy in the industry according to him is Kurt Russell (Steve Buscemi a close second).  Treats everyone, from the lowest staffer to the biggest stars, equally graciously.

Mean girl was Julia Roberts.  Outright nasty to anyone who wasn't a star.

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

It honestly makes me worry about Captain America:Civil War.  3 films with Captain America in 3 years. Its going to feel like another Avengers movie only a year after Age of Ultron and that movie may have given the Marvel films some bad buzz. Don't be surprised when BvS out grosses Civil War.

No way Batfleck vs MOS outgrosses The Avengers fighting each other with Spider-man.

• Like 1

Netflix is like those streaming music sites, they are basically scavengers, studios resisted for years to make the pact with this devil but movie piracy has become so rampant in every corner of the world that they had just to sell their catalogues & librairies of films for pennies because it s that or no revenue streams at all from the dying video market.

Stay Classy Streaming Sites.

Keep Looting & Pillaging.

Edited by The Futurist

Hunger Games peaked with Catching Fire. Still going to make alot of money though so im sure the studio isnt worried about that. Lionsgate is probably more concerned about their company post-HG; They need to find another hit badly, because this franchise literally kept it afloat for four years. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

So what are we going to say when next month's YA film completely annihilates everything in its path?

Jedis are both YA & Superheroes, they check all the right boxes of modern cinema, plus Nostlagia.

Could be a hit.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Netflix is like those streaming music sites, they are basically scavengers, studios resisted for years to make the pact with this devil but movie piracy has become so rampant in every corner of the world that they had just to sell their catalogues & librairies of films for pennies because it s that or no revenue streams at all from the dying video market.

Stay Classy Streaming Sites.

Keep Looting & Pillaging.

The movie industry has to evolve like the music industry did.

Do people really want to go back to the times where you had to pay 10 dollars to rent only two movies from Blockbusters?

Compare that the the content you get from one month of Netflix.

The consumers and the free market have spoken.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The 5th Wave, O/U 50m dom ?

Talk about derivative ...

Chloe Moretz is one of those actresses who seems like she is a much bigger star than she actually is. Her star vehicles have all flopped one after the other, and The 5th Wave will join them in January but she somehow comes out without any blame assigned to her.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joel M said:

Going by wikipedia which of course isn't a reliable source Hunger Games books have sold 65m units, Twilight over 120m and Potter over 400m. But even without those (questionable at best) numbers it's safe to assume that THG was always much less driven by a rapid fanbase than the other two young adult mega franchises.

I'm on my phone so idk how to delete a quote oh well

and this quote is wrong with the book sales btw lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

just like how there was no way AOU would make less than 500m domestic and not be the highest grossing of the summer

The drop was bigger than expected because the quality had dropped more than anyone anticipated.

I doubt the director of Sucker Punch outshines the directors of Winter Soldier by a wide margin though.

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The relentless YA adaptations would definitely be a big issue, if any of them were any kind of big sizable hits. We have Hunger Games which is by far the biggest one, Divergent and Maze Runner which are mid-range performers then we have all the many many flops like Beautiful Creatures, Vampire Academy, Mortal Instruments etc. which no one ever cared about. Very unlikely that a bevy of flops caused any kind of YA fatigue. 

Don't forget the dreaded "Fifth Wave" movie and 2 more to come with it if it does good BO numbers.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The drop was bigger than expected because the quality had dropped more than anyone anticipated.

I doubt the director of Sucker Punch outshines the directors of Winter Soldier by a wide margin though.

The director of Watchmen could crush the directors of You, Me and Dupree though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Chloe Moretz is one of those actresses who seems like she is a much bigger star than she actually is. Her star vehicles have all flopped one after the other, and The 5th Wave will join them in January but she somehow comes out without any blame assigned to her.

If I Stay was a solid performer.

• Like 1