WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Those BvS/Civil War talks have so MUCH potential.

Oh and if you re bored around late May, Fox releases X-Men Apoclaypse if you haven't overdosed on superheroes movies by then.

There was a Deadpool screening and it supposedly awful even if I know lots of people will dig it because FUCKING FUCK.

Music industry didn't evolve. It died. There are maybe a couple of dozen acts (solo or bands) who can generate sizeable revenue selling only albums, singles and on steaming. Streaming only isn't a sustainable model for either music or (mid-sized) movies. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Oh and if you re bored around late May, Fox releases X-Men Apoclaypse if you haven't overdosed on superheroes movies by then.

There was a Deadpool screening and it supposedly awful even if I know lots of people will dig it because FUCKING FUCK.

Has there ever been a movie with a bad screening that did very well at the box office?

Honest question.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Deadpool potentially sucks?  Knock me over with a feather

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TLK said:

Music industry didn't evolve. It died. There are maybe a couple of dozen acts (solo or bands) who can generate sizeable revenue selling only albums, singles and on steaming. Streaming only isn't a sustainable model for either music or (mid-sized) movies. 

Well it was fate for an industry that thrived on selling people entire albums for one or two good songs.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Has there ever been a movie with a bad screening that did very well at the box office?

Honest question.

Deadpool was a surprise screening it seems so people who saw didn't know what they were gonna see, it happens sometimes and I can totally see why some people would find Deadpool unfunny or crass or stupid.

Still think the Kick ass will love it.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Honest question.

Yes, it happens all the time. We should take test screening reports about as seriously as Cinemascore -- not at all. They're usually a work in progress, and progress isn't linear. You screen it to see whether something is working or not. Sometimes you'll screen several variations of the same movie all at once. It really doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Honest question.

TMNT from last year had infamously bad internal screenings so that almost 50% or more of the movie was basically reshot. Same with GI Joe Retaliation which was pushed to make the movie make more sense.

2 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

A 5 day 35m for TGD would be bad for TGD. I'm pretty sure it's going to make more than that (obviously I know you're just making an example, I'm just saying).

That's because Creed is in the comparison lol. $35 million would be excellent for it. 

Without Creed, I'd have said $70 million+ 5-day :lol: after seeing how empty the BO will be beyond the top 3, I think there's still plenty of room for Creed to break out and for GD to become a monster $300 million+ hit. 

For next weekend, I'm thinking

1. The Good Dinosaur: $80 million/$125 million
  2. MJ2: $60 million/$86 million ($215 million)
  3. Creed: $36 million/$55 million 
  4. Spectre: $12.5 million/$17 million ($174 million) 
  5. The Peanuts Movie: $10.5 million/$15 million ($116 million) 
  6. The Night Before: $8.5 million/$12 million ($24 million)
  7. Spotlight: $8 million/$11 million ($20 million) 
  8. Victor Frankenstein: $6 million/$10 million 
  9. The Secret in Their Eyes: $4.5 million/$6.5 million ($15 million)
  10. Love the Coopers: $4 million/$6 million ($24 million)
  11. The Martian: $3 million/$4.5 million ($219 million)
  12. Bridge of Spies: $2.25 million/$3.25 million ($70 million)