grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

1 minute ago, 75live said:

sure looks that way

Delusional fanboys made sure to put Trash of Ultron in the top 10. My problem is not even with Ant-Man showing up, but Ultron getting in so high is totally ridiculous.

• Like 2

#11-3

Spoiler

Mission:Impossible - Rogue Nation

6MFe4S8.png

GqrTvUL.png

The Mission: Impossible franchise keeps on trucking with probably the best installment yet. Cruise is in fine form again and all the regular suspects from the series (minus Paula Patton) are back. Rebecca Ferguson was a great addition to the cast as well. While no single setpiece in the movie matches the Dubai scene from Ghost Protocol, as a whole Rogue Nation is better IMO as it has a better third act and a more developed villain. The best scene of the movie is undoubtedly Alec Baldwin chewing scenery describing Ethan Hunt as a “manifestation of destiny” for sure. McQuarrie and Cruise will return for MI6.

BOF User Reviews

Yeah, it's really good and can't decide between this and Mad Max. I didn't like totally love any movie this summer but Rogue Nation is very entertaining (maybe the best M:I movie yet) and Rebecca Ferguson was amazing.

8/10

-Bapi

This movie is fucking awesome! One of the best of the year and might be the best of the franchise! The action was phenomenal! Best sequence in the movie was the opera set piece. Loved how it was choreographed to the opera music essentially! The motorcycle chase was really thrilling as well. Cruise was top form and Pegg, Ving, & Renner were good to. However, Rebecca Ferguson was the standout! I want to see here in more movies after this. Oh, and the score was great too!

I would give it an.......

A

-Empire

• Like 15

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

#11-3

Hide contents

Mission:Impossible - Rogue Nation

6MFe4S8.png

GqrTvUL.png

The Mission: Impossible franchise keeps on trucking with probably the best installment yet. Cruise is in fine form again and all the regular suspects from the series (minus Paula Patton) are back. Rebecca Ferguson was a great addition to the cast as well. While no single setpiece in the movie matches the Dubai scene from Ghost Protocol, as a whole Rogue Nation is better IMO as it has a better third act and a more developed villain. The best scene of the movie is undoubtedly Alec Baldwin chewing scenery describing Ethan Hunt as a “manifestation of destiny” for sure. McQuarrie and Cruise will return for MI6.

BOF User Reviews

Yeah, it's really good and can't decide between this and Mad Max. I didn't like totally love any movie this summer but Rogue Nation is very entertaining (maybe the best M:I movie yet) and Rebecca Ferguson was amazing.

8/10

-Bapi

This movie is fucking awesome! One of the best of the year and might be the best of the franchise! The action was phenomenal! Best sequence in the movie was the opera set piece. Loved how it was choreographed to the opera music essentially! The motorcycle chase was really thrilling as well. Cruise was top form and Pegg, Ving, & Renner were good to. However, Rebecca Ferguson was the standout! I want to see here in more movies after this. Oh, and the score was great too!

I would give it an.......

A

-Empire

Another movie from my list. Hail Cruise. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Delusional fanboys made sure to put Trash of Ultron in the top 10. My problem is not even with Ant-Man showing up, but Ultron getting in so high is totally ridiculous.

I hear you but someone in here already basically admitted they tried to rig the list but purposely not putting certain films on their list so nothing surprises me any more :P 

• Like 1

Before the top 10 reveal starts, here is a random selection of movies which won't make the list

SPECTRE
Chi-Raq
Cinderella
Maggie
Chappie
Crimson Peak
Mr. Holmes
Tangerine
Beasts of No Nation
Anomalisa
The Walk
Breathe
The Hunting Ground
Joy
The End of the Tour
Insurgent
Tomorrowland
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

From JW to BOS, that's a huge jump in quality.

I think it proves that Spielberg is a considerably better director than he is a producer.

Transformers already proved that and it and JW are why when Spielberg starts going woe is me and doom and gloom on the current state of blockbuster skewed film biz I laugh and roll my eyes.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sicario

wZRICbI.png

wsv62vR.png

I haven't seen the movie, so can't comment on this unfortunately. Will definitely try to watch it soon.

BOF User Reviews

The cast was great – Del Toro stole though show although Brolin was fantastic as well. I love Emily Blunt and she was also excellent, but like 'antovik' said – her place as the audience surrogate was a little pronounced. Deakins work was truly incredible - the scene with the line of SUVs making their way through Juarez is one of the best sequences I have seen in recent times. Those ariel views were just incredible. I wasn't too impressed with the score - I thought it relied a bit too much on sound design. Overall this was an excellent film. The specific events could have been a bit more compelling but the message of the film was spot-on and it was very subtle/nuanced with its themes. A-

-Moviedweeb

I think this is the best film of the year so far....after Jurassic World.  I realize JW doesn't count for the academy so that makes this the best.  This had me hooked right from the beginning.  Superb in every way.

10/10

-Baumer

• Like 15