grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

I was okay with the list, even if I thought UNCLE was closer to worst of the year than best,

then I saw What I do in the Shadows and I was like "yeah, maybe this is gonna be good"

then I saw the next movie...

kill this list with fire.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

#21 - THIS IS NOT A JOKE or MISDIRECTION 

Hide contents

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

ydjX3dk.png

I8i69oi.png

Since I haven't actually watched the movie, I cannot write anything concrete here. 

BOF User Reviews:

Slow burn but immensely great. This and P1 together are an altogether different beast to CF, while that was more fun and fast paced, this is a slow burn war film, I found this especially poignant and altogether the way they did it makes sense (minus long gap between the two parts), I don’t think a CF type film would be worked for this story, it’s not that type of film at all. Brilliant and fitting end. Temper expectations in terms of epic explosive conclusion because this is a slower and more thoughtful conclusion.
JLaw: fantastic but wasn’t expecting anything but. Hutch was great, Gale is probably my main nitpick, too obvious about his principles, talks a bit too much rhetoric at start, which is an odd characterisation change from P1 . Core supporting cast (Harrelson, Banks, PSH, Malone, Claflin, Sutherland) were a joy to watch, not too sure on Moore though (although one scene early on is fantastic) but we’ll see when I see this again tomorrow night.

Other points:
- trailers featured too many major lines and that took away from their impact in the film, especially with one scene early on.
- Squad 451 cast - underused but damn Henson (Foggy from Daredevil) was a standout, wish there was more Ali.
- Coin (Moore) unintentionally funny? Drew a few chuckles from the audience.
- Credits song and suite are beautiful, bravo JNH and JLaw.
That’s it for now, more tomorrow after rewatch.
8.5/10 CF>MJ2>HG>MJ (CF>MJ1&2 together as one>HG)

-Antovolk

Adored this

10/10!

-Films

Lol, now Ant-Man and Jurassic World fans are going to fully expect their movies to make the list.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

How the fuck did this shit got in :lol: ?

I guess I am happy because JLaw but if we had to have a JLaw movie in out top it should have been Joy, not this.

I don't know, but I'm guessing Ethan had something to do with it.

Who knows, maybe this is good news for you, and JW will actually show-up on this list.

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Somebody voted for Fifty Shades of Grey, The Last Witch Hunter, and Scout's Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse?? :unsure:

i voted for the former you prruuuuuddddes.

though i basically forgot macbeth. seeing it dead last makes me think i did it wrong.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i voted for the former you prruuuuuddddes.

though i basically forgot macbeth. seeing it dead last makes me think i did it wrong.

Lol, I won't hate on anyone who likes Fifty Shades of Grey, just seeing that someone actually voted for it on this list (in this case you), is kinda surreal.

I haven't seen Macbeth myself, though it looked very striking from a visual and directing standpoint.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Spoiler

Spy

F7DIlI6.png

L7YQNcx.png

Another of the spy movies from 2015, this was imaginatively titled "Spy". I really liked the fact that McCarthy's character is actually very well qualified and even better than the actual spies in the agency as opposed to the bumbling character she normally plays or was portrayed in the trailers. The movies standout, of course, was Jason Statham with his hilarious monologues

BOF User Reviews:

Loved it. I haven't laughed this hard during a movie in a long time. McCarthy was great, really funny. Loved Byrne and Serafinowicz. Statham was absolutely hilarious (dude seriously needs to do more comedy - he's great).

Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Rating A

-Pepper83

Movie was funny as hell. Sort of dragged a bit in the middle I thought, but it the third act was so damn brilliant it made up for it.

Everybody did great. McCarthy was good as usual, Jude Law did fine, and Statham, Byrne, and Peter Serafinowicz were all fantastic. Seriously, putting Statham in this role was a stroke of fucking genius.

Not without its flaws, at times it became your usual "dick/vagina joke" filled R-rated comedy, but most of the time it acted as a really witty spy film parody.

I give it a B+, among the most enjoyable films I've seen in the past couple of years.

-Mango

• Like 13

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Spy

F7DIlI6.png

L7YQNcx.png

Another of the spy movies from 2015, this was imaginatively titled "Spy". I really liked the fact that McCarthy's character is actually very well qualified and even better than the actual spies in the agency as opposed to the bumbling character she normally plays or was portrayed in the trailers. The movies standout, of course, was Jason Statham with his hilarious monologues

BOF User Reviews:

Loved it. I haven't laughed this hard during a movie in a long time. McCarthy was great, really funny. Loved Byrne and Serafinowicz. Statham was absolutely hilarious (dude seriously needs to do more comedy - he's great).

Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Rating A

-Pepper83

Movie was funny as hell. Sort of dragged a bit in the middle I thought, but it the third act was so damn brilliant it made up for it.

Everybody did great. McCarthy was good as usual, Jude Law did fine, and Statham, Byrne, and Peter Serafinowicz were all fantastic. Seriously, putting Statham in this role was a stroke of fucking genius.

Not without its flaws, at times it became your usual "dick/vagina joke" filled R-rated comedy, but most of the time it acted as a really witty spy film parody.

I give it a B+, among the most enjoyable films I've seen in the past couple of years.

-Mango

I am pleased with this since I voted for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can deal with this only for Statham :) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1