#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I don't even think that BvS has a shot against TDKR's OW, let alone something like this. 

Oh, it will beat TDKR easily. I am starting to doubt about beating Ultron, tho. Either it is doing at least 170M OW.

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

So, it looks like most people are thinking that this is gonna be a close battle with Avatar's final run. What kind of weekday/2nd weekend numbers would TFA have to get to look like it might take a run at 850, 900, or more? 40 mil weekdays? 55 mil Xmas? 165 2nd weekend?

I hate saying this because it's such a mind blowing number but at this point, I think Avatar is done, and it's not even a question.  The Wom on this is outstanding.  I think the minimum it does is 800.  I'm giving it a 3.5X which puts it at 875.  But if it hits the magic 4X, GULP....we're talking a billion in play.  Those numbers just fry my brain.

• Like 4

What's the fastest a domestic gross record was established?  Avatar beat Titanic in 47 days, Titanic beat the combined Star Wars gross in 86, and it took ET over 200 days to overtake Star Wars originally.

If the holidays do their thing, we could have a new all time champ in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

What would a $50M Christmas day mean for the weekend? $160-170M?

My nipples are getting excited just thinking about that.

I'd expect a soft decline on Boxing Day, 130s for the weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, CJ Ren said:

I need to turn off the cellphone and sleep but dat Rth tease...

I've been up since 4AM, worked all day, went to the gym twice and I'm exhausted....but like you....I just can't get RTH tease out of my head. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

I hate saying this because it's such a mind blowing number but at this point, I think Avatar is done, and it's not even a question.  The Wom on this is outstanding.  I think the minimum it does is 800.  I'm giving it a 3.5X which puts it at 875.  But if it hits the magic 4X, GULP....we're talking a billion in play.  Those numbers just fry my brain.

It'd be like A New Hope all over again.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

I've been up since 4AM, worked all day, went to the gym twice and I'm exhausted....but like you....I just can't get RTH tease out of my head. :)

lol yup…have to get up early for work tomorrow but will give it at least another hour or two for another RTH update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

1B? 875M? B, stahp. Everyone will be mad when this only does 775M or it fails to beat Avatar with something like 730-740M :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, CJ Ren said:

1B? 875M? B, stahp. Everyone will be mad when this only does 775M or it fails to beat Avatar with something like 730-740M :lol:

Oh, like I said to Tele yesterday, I'm not saying it's locked to beat Avatar, but if you take into consideration the time of year it is, how much it's liked, the fact that it's star wars, and a few other factors, a 3.5X seems reasonable.

• Like 7