#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

How was IMAX btw?  I needa make a plan for 15/70 sometime in the next two weeks.  Gotta balance that, BS, and H8 roadshow somehow.

Pretty damn great. Except they had a fucking PA announcement right as the credits started rolling. I need my John Williams and they took it away from me. They were booed mercilessly by the entire crowd. I have tickets tonight for 1:30AM at Udvar, but I may or may not go. Sleep is calling to me, but so is the Force...

16 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Hide contents

TA1

May 2 (2 days): 1/605

May 3 (1 day): 5/619

May 4 (day of): 26/627 (3PM EST)

Wrecks everything.  IM3 and BD2's numbers are only so high because those were full-day running counts that I ended late at night.  I'd wager AOU probably topped 100 by the evening as well.

The TA1 count in particular is encouraging since that is one of the two biggest "actual" Friday numbers we have. Also the fact it's way ahead of TA2 is a good sign that the absolute floor is $57m for the day business. Could be something ludicrous in store too like $70m day business.

• Like 1

Alright, so it's my first time logging in for awhile. Simply can't miss a historic weekend such as this one. I'm still trying to bask in that $57M figure (or is it $55M? BOM is reporting the former while this site seems to be stuck to the latter).

Anyways, just to get an idea of what we are hoping for, we are assuming that a $100 OD (and the record) are a lock, correct? At this point, we're hoping for maybe $120M? Should be a beautiful number no matter what it comes out at.

In addition, the OW record is a lock, and we are hoping for maybe $230M? Is $250M a possibility?

Sorry, my brain is still fried from finals and it's been awhile since I've been in the box office world, but I want to make sure I'm on the same page of expectations when the numbers start rolling in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Alright, so it's my first time logging in for awhile. Simply can't miss a historic weekend such as this one. I'm still trying to bask in that $57M figure (or is it $55M? BOM is reporting the former while this site seems to be stuck to the latter).

Anyways, just to get an idea of what we are hoping for, we are assuming that a $100 OD (and the record) are a lock, correct? At this point, we're hoping for maybe $120M? Should be a beautiful number no matter what it comes out at.

In addition, the OW record is a lock, and we are hoping for maybe $230M? Is $250M a possibility?

Sorry, my brain is still fried from finals and it's been awhile since I've been in the box office world, but I want to make sure I'm on the same page of expectations when the numbers start rolling in.

Both have it at 57m.

2 minutes ago, superduperm said:

$57m is the preview number. Expect $225-230m weekend and hope for BlackSpider's $275m prediction to come true. :)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Ive been on the highway all day, can somebody update me on what alls been going on? Numbers, drama, bans, news, etc? 

Yall wanna give a brother the goods or nah?

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, superduperm said:

100 m OD and OW record are both a lock. :locked2:

Conservative estimates put the OD at 107 m and OW at 220 m.

But those could go way higher. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

57m previews. Not much drama. Some claims of sexism earlier. Everyone waiting for Friday estimates.

Ooh, there was sexism drama? Was water involved?

I must have missed so much fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

57m previews. Not much drama. Some claims of sexism earlier. Everyone waiting for Friday estimates.

1. HOLY SHIT!

2. Surprising.

3. Lmao oh Water...

4. They should be coming soon.

thanks, Jayhawk.

• Like 1