#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, quigquag33 said:

Even the low end of that is humongous. The largest single day (excluding midnight) is Jurassic World's $69.6M. The Friday gross for SW7 (excluding midnights) would be $73M if the $130M figure turns out to be true. That is insane.

And if it's 145, that'd be 88M. Now that's some serious shit!

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

$43m in matinees??? That means it could be headed for $150m today (including previews).

That is insane. School is still in and people are still working. Although my co worker went to an 8:00 am show and came to work after.:D

• Like 8

• Like 2

It's not going to do 300 OW, that would require it to increase on Saturday.  The chances of that happening are not very likely.  But is 275 possible?

3 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

That is insane. School is still in and people are still working. Although my co worker went to an 8:00 am show and came to work after.:D

Schools have not broken up yet in America?

With this number, it is not impossible to think this movie might have a chance at $300 million.

Don't call me crazy (just yet), I am already blown away and whatever number it ends will be the greatest and most astonishing box office opening weekend event ever, EVER.

Someone, please, let's just count the numbers.

People go absolute insane and night shows literally explode and push this movie at $95 million day and $152 million opening day.

Saturday is at $80 million

Sunday is at $70 million

There you have it, $302 million weekend.

• Like 1