CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What about the day after Christmas though? Avatar jumped 107% on Christmas Day, then jumped another 22% on Saturday. What if the same thing happens with TFA? :ph34r:

72 (+20%)

57.6 (-20%)

190M 2nd weekend.

Because why not.?

• Like 2

My predictions

137 million weekend

521 million by Sunday

Um I tried to stay conservative too lol 

SW7 could have unbeatable record by getting a 4th or 5th day over 50 million and at least 3 more days over 40 million. 

SW7 should get around 10 days over 30 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

Add in expanding markets and it would probably make around 2.7 lol. The quality of avatar or whether it 'deserved' it's gross or not is completely irrelevant when it comes to how impressive it's run is

I was just about to post that. AVATAR would probably of doubled its China gross at least today. In fact the film could very well of earned more than its 2.78bil if it had come out today, what with the huge growth of the international scene since 2009.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What about the day after Christmas though? Avatar jumped 107% on Christmas Day, then jumped another 22% on Saturday. What if the same thing happens with TFA? :ph34r:

From a rational perspective of how it would play out, I would see a more massive than normal increase for Christmas day and then it stays flat or increases 10% or so.  But it will probably increase by 23% just to be cocky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

That's Cameron's genius - he timed Avatar's release to coincide with beneficial exchange rates.

That would explain why the sequel keeps getting pushed back. Waiting for the exchange rates to get better.

• Like 8

Being really conservative-

Mon- $40

Tue- $36

Wed- $30

Thurs- $16

Fri- $34

Sat- $37

Sun- $31

The most ridiculously conservative I could possibly be here and the weekend is still over $100 million.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Being really conservative-

Mon- $40

Tue- $36

Wed- $30

Thurs- $16

Fri- $34

Sat- $37

Sun- $31

The most ridiculously conservative I could possibly be here and the weekend is still over $100 million.

A 100mil 2nd weekend?, that wouldn't be a good sign, especially on Christmas weekend.

150mil should be the target.

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I was just about to post that. AVATAR would probably of doubled its China gross at least today. In fact the film could very well of earned more than its 2.78bil if it had come out today, what with the huge growth of the international scene since 2009.

Except the Yuan has lost ~10% of its value vs the dollar compared to 2009/2010 and the eastern empire's economy is amidst a huge drawback on its economy, missing critical numbers and contracting in multiple fields.

Economic times are different now than they were in '09/10 in China. It's not so "roaring 20's" as it was, but more akin to an underperforming economy for the masses.

Yay macro economics.

• Like 1