baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

In terms of getting of sense of this movie's legs, it's kind of fun to check on the Seattle Cinerama website because it is so easy to instantly see how tickets are selling there:

https://www.cinerama.com/Movie.aspx?fc=5106000323&day=19326

Every single show has sold out at that theater since the movie opened.  And if you scroll through the dates you will see that every single show is sold out up until December 29.   And beginning on December 29 through January 3 every show is sold out except for the 11pm shows.  The theater holds about 550 people, so it's a sizeable theater.   Although it's the premiere theater in Seattle, it's still a pretty amazing show for Star Wars and suggests how strong this movie will play.

• Like 5

Did round 2 last night (hey I have a time-consuming job!), oh man oh man still great... I think it'll have to wait til after the holidays for round 3 in IMAX as I'm seeing Hateful Eight on my next day off.

Plunking money down now that Disney releases the movie on DVD/Blu-Ray on May 4th. Hold me to it!

13 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

Except Tuesday is already off by ~$1.6 million.

This isn't gonna follow an Avatar model. This is going to be a very unique and weird set of circumstances IMO.

I agree. There will be demand burn off with level of sales.

First time I've seen a writer actually throw daily projections like we do here.

2 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Did round 2 last night (hey I have a time-consuming job!), oh man oh man still great... I think it'll have to wait til after the holidays for round 3 in IMAX as I'm seeing Hateful Eight on my next day off.

Plunking money down now that Disney releases the movie on DVD/Blu-Ray on May 4th. Hold me to it!

Isn't that Civil War OW?

I think it will be mid-April

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Beep boop beep you love it though boop beep boop.

Yeah but it's silly sometimes.

"SW IS GOING TO HIT 1B DOM!"

*Ends with 959M DOM*

"Oh well, it was close"

:unsure:

• Like 2

Me and Tele just made a bet.  I say it drops 5% or less....he has it at 17%, the middle number here is 11%.  Whoever is closer is declared the winner and the loser will donate $25.00 to the site towards the 2016 goal.

Much to learn you still have, Tele.

• Like 29