baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

I love bets. I'm taking baumer's side, even though I think it drops harder than 5%, I doubt it falls more than 10. If it was flatter or increased on Tuesday then I could see that but the drop on tues should mute the drop on wed. We'll see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Let me re-phrase your question...

Are people buying that a movie released over the Christmas holidays with great WOM can over a 4 multiplier?  

Well yeah... But that movie opened three times higher than we have ever seen a movie open in December. Hobbit 1 multi is my current expectation. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

Of course people are going to talk about $1B!  This is the first time it has ever even been a possibility, so let's have fun with it!  

If it wasn't the holidays we probably wouldn't even think about it, but all it needs is a 4x.  Which makes this not impossible. 

I didnt we cant have fun with it, just dont take it as gospel. Im treating it as a possibility, not an expectation. 

Just now, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Why you want to make me cry, Kelz???? :(

It was a record from Amazing Spider-Man. Even Sony is happy it was taken away. In that way, nobody remembers it exists :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

LOL, no it doesn't, the facct that it was a Tuesday yesterday means tickets were sold at a lesser cost, so it obviously sold more than TASM<.

Lol B get out of here w/ your discount Tuesday, it's holiday pricing right now for most theater chains. Plus Imax/3D share is obviously much larger for TFA so you are wrong IMO. It didn't obviously sell more tickets.

Getting a 4x doesnt seem so crazy IF it performs over the weekend the we THINK it will. And we are just using the past to extrapolate the future. Sometimes that's a dangerous thing to do as the movies from 2010 might not reflect what is going to happen in 2015. But I will say this, if it does perform like 2010, and it really does have a 45 / 50 million dollar Saturday, then it will hit a billion.

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Getting a 4x doesnt seem so crazy IF it performs over the weekend the we THINK it will. And we are just using the past to extrapolate the future. Sometimes that's a dangerous thing to do as the movies from 2010 might not reflect what is going to happen in 2015. But I will say this, if it does perform like 2010, and it really does have a 45 / 50 million dollar Saturday, then it will hit a billion.

This weekend is going to be insane for it, I know a ridiculous amount of people making it their Xmas movie. I will say that if it does miss 1b, it would only be because it really does hit a wall after this weekend or next weekend where everyone interested has seen it, and then it falls off of a cliff. That really is the only way I think it's missing 1b though. 

• Like 3