baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

4 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

At what point does this movie slow down. Are the same people seeing it multiples times or what? Don't understand why it's doing this well during Christmas. It's like people are forgetting about the holidays. The movie is decent, but not amazing or anything groundbreaking. It's basically ANH repackaged. Just pure hype. 

But that is, like, your opinion man. 

The movie is amazing and it is having amazing WOM. It won't do 45M today (that was trolling post btw) but it might do 33-35M which is fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

In the Hear of the Sea will cover his budget WW. Pan couldn't even do that :P

All three are monster bombs. And WB is opening another 100M beast this weekend. At least this time they just payed a bit of the budget so it won't be another 100M write-off. 

They can take consolation in the fact they'll likely be swimming in red ink again next summer when that Tarzan movie (which I keep forgetting is really a movie) finally arrives.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

They can take consolation in the fact they'll likely be swimming in red ink again next summer when that Tarzan movie (which I keep forgetting is really a movie) finally arrives.

And in February 2017 they have that King Arthur movie :rofl: Those 2 will be massive bombs as well. 

Just now, DAR said:

So it looks like next Tuesday, Star Wars and I will be reunited.

You haven't seen it yet? 

12 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Not really. Even though the movie has massive flaws, it was guaranteed to be big just because it follows Episode 6. Without the Star Wars name though, people would recognize it for the garbage that it is. 

I'm surprised this board puts up with this kind of garbage poster who is clearly a troll that only posts on one subject.

6 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

At what point does this movie slow down. Are the same people seeing it multiples times or what? Don't understand why it's doing this well during Christmas. It's like people are forgetting about the holidays. 

I just got back from shopping, trust me people aint forget.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Think about it. If this weekend is as huge as we expect...that means more word of mouth will bring more people to see it. 

We're all assuming that once half a billion is reached that most of those who were going to see it will have done so. Yet when was the last time we had a film as loved as this one by audiences? Yeah you had Avengers Jurassic World, but this is Star Wars. It appeals to all generations and Xmas family time is the perfect period to convince Grandma and Grandad that the magic they remember has returned. The Titanic effect if you like. 

It's still early days but I'm still thinking this might continue to defy logic for many weeks to come. 

This is Star Wars. And key to it...it's like old Star Wars. There isn't anything in cinema that means as much to so many as that trilogy. 

There is no point in using Avengers as a reference point for super WOM and giant numbers since last Summer breh :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Universal sure had a magnificent last 4 months of the year :lol: 

To be fair, it's not like they had anything in the last 4 months that was a big gamble or a sure thing. They had a strong enough year otherwise that it's all moot.

• Like 1

While everyone is talking about SW7, its true to remember there have been some massive box office disasters recently.

That 'In the Heart of the Sea' film, was pretty dreadful.........what a waste of $100 mil budget.

Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, it's not like they had anything in the last 4 months that was a big gamble or a sure thing. They had a strong enough year otherwise that it's all moot.

Everest probably ended making profit in his theatrical run. I keep forgetting about that. Dat OS power. 

By the Sea is gonna lose whatever they spent to produce it :lol:

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That Steve Jobs bombage is super depressing

I agree, the movie is fantastic. 

• Like 2