baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

When will the Force Awakens line start to oscillate? it still hasn't started oscillating yet.

after Sunday, hence the reason I also give the December starter chart. I think it's rather obvious to see the change of direction based on back to school.

The big question seems to be: how strong the direction will change...

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

after Sunday, hence the reason I also give the December starter chart. I think it's rather obvious to see the change of direction based on back to school.

The big question seems to be: how strong the direction will change...

So Force awakens will have lift its skirt to show how the legs are starting monday 4th January 2016?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

So Force awakens will have lift its skirt to show how the legs are starting monday 4th January 2016?

In a way... but I think even a bit later, I'll get my kind of impression probably not before Thursday in a week.

Legs... it already shows it's legs, but IMHO not the real pattern (especially for the long run) for sure. Avatar (and for that to a degree Titanic too) shows how exceptional movies can break the usual patterns, but even those 2 differ quite much.

The chart only shows till day 125, both were running considerable longer. ...

Edited by terrestrial
typos

Guys, do you realize that there is a slight possibility that Force Awakens is both the top grossing movie of 2015 AND 2016?

I'll explain.

If it beats Jurassic World before the end of the year, it's gonna be the #1 movie of calendar year 2015. Thus, it's gonna be sitting at $653M +

Then, let's assume that the movie grosses $1B domestic in total, which means that it's going to gross an additional $350M in 2016. More if it grosses more than $1B, like $1.1B

The chances that neither Batman v Superman, Civil War, finding dory, Rogue One, or others gross more than $350M are slim, but...

They aren't zero. And get better as TFA increases. If total is $1.1B, then TFA grosses $450M in 2016. Entirely possible that no other movie reaches that.

Force Awakens highest grossing movie of 2015 AND 2016 club, who's in?

edit: credits to RogerSmith123456 for the idea. Thanks for being crazy pal ;)

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 4

• Like 1