CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

My favorite directors are better than yours.

;)

Nah. That's a fair list of directors that are better than Nolan and I think maybe only Haneke would make it to my top 5 favorite directors. If I said Linklater or Von Trier you'd have a point though ;)

As an aside, I kinda can't stand what Von Trier did with Nymphomaniac. Felt like someone spewing their whole life view as 100% correct while ruining their previous filmography and adding pointless "artistic for the sake of artistic" moments. Like the scene with the aspect ratio change. Or the chapter in black and white. Or the random math problems. Or the cliche fade-to-black gunshot. Ugh I wish Von Trier would stop being such a Von Tryhard.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Its a fucking mess... Glad you enjoy not though

Come on, Rocky 4 is awesome. Stallone training in Siberian snow is fucking epic and the fight between him and Drago is just legendary. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Rocky III and IV are both spectacular in a superhero/sports movie sort of way 

Rocky becomes the super hero.  Clubber and Dragon are the super villains.

And in the process Rocky loses everything that made you root for him in the first place

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron was angry when he saw Star Wars back in 1977.

Because he knew deep inside he should have been the one making that movie.

It was everything he was dreaming about to see in a movie.

True Story.

Which is why he set out to create his own masterpiece. 

Spoiler

Image result for piranha 2

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And in the process Rocky loses everything that made you root for him in the first place

Which is why his journey in the original Rocky will always make that my favorite Rocky movie. But by the time we get to III, I'm already in love with the character .I'm on board. It was FUN watching that character as the action hero. It worked as a phenomenal piece of entertainment. And the villains are so great.

It's weird. As I'm reading the Revenant (the book) I keep getting the feeling that this will break out (40M+ OW) but at the same time I keep thinking it may tank with like 15-17M.

So I guess mid-twenties it is then.

Star Wars: The Force Awaken Countdowns!!!!!!!!
$273M: Avatar+32%, pace needed for $1B+ domestic
0M:Countdown to $106,588,441 (Jurassic World) Biggest 2nd Weekend Ever
$68.490,688M:Countdown to $68,490,689 (Avatar) Biggest 3rd Weekend Ever
$131.558,101M:Countdown to $760,507,627 (Avatar) All-time Domestic Crown 
$23.322,100M:Countdown to $652,270,626 (Jurassic World) 2015 Domestic Crown
$36.996,883M:Countdown to $161,176,370 (Skyfall) All-time UK Crown 
$534.641,652M:Countdown to $1,162,040,652 (Furious 7) 2015 OS Crown
$900.700,001M:Countdown to $1,528,100,001 (Titanic) 2nd biggest OS Gross 
$440.635,400M:Countdown to $1,668,984,926 (Jurassic World) 2015 WW Crown
$958.422,777M:Countdown to $2,186,772,303 (Titanic) 2nd biggest WW Gross
 $1,559.615,561M:Countdown to $2,787,965,087 (Avatar) All-time WW Crown 

Sorry for not posting this on Sunday, got very busy. Anyway, it shattered the old 2nd weekend record by 40%, 149.2M+ and total around 540M+. Nobody can complain about Disney fudging with these numbers from 247.98M OW, 68.3M Saturday, 49.3M 2nd Friday and 29.5M+ Tuesday. By Wednesday, Avatar+32% has reached 273M and it should continue to go up until at least mid next week by that point SW7 should be nearing 800M. I just don't see how it gives all of the cushion up and miss 1B+ domestic. Avengers just went down today and JW could go down by Thursday and definitely by Friday. Titanic will be dethroned as well on Friday and Avatar potentially could fall as soon as Sunday, if not Monday. Domestic performance is on steroids at the moment. It took 12 days to hit 600M, average of about 50M+. Shattering the previous record held by JW which was 36 days, 47 Avatar, TA1 54 and Titanic with 252 days. As for OS, UK continues to roll along. It's up to $124M+ and could potentially hit 150M by Sunday. It's looking very likely to hit 200M in that market, shattering the previous record held by Skyfall. Germany has come to the party with 66M and could potentially finish with 110-115M. Australia, Japan and France are also having strong holds and could also hit 100M. Off course, China to come on Jan 9th with 150-200M? Potential 6 territories with 100M for SW7 compared 9 for Avatar. Remember exchange rates are in the crapper or we would looking at additional 150M+. We're looking at 1.05-1.1B domestic and 1.2B+ OS. Titanic WW should happen but it's going to need super holds domestic and OS and 300M+ in China to have a chance at Avatar's WW record. Avatar's OS is untouchable at the moment especially with the bad exchange rates. Phenomenal run!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Rocky IV is balls to the wall awesome.

When you shoulder press a wagon full of friends and family and your upper body blows up like glass being shattered, you have reached epic of epicness.  

Go to 2:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, misterchief81 said:

Burning Heart is still better. Not by much. But it is. 

Burning Heart is nice.  It makes you wanna jog at a good pace.

Hearts on Fire makes you wanna bench press a Yugo and beat the shit out of Cold War Russians.

• Like 1

Seriously, Dolph Lundgren was absolutely fantastic as Ivan Drago, charismatic as fuck , one of the best vilain ever IMO ever and Dolph even managed to sell the frailty of the character, the fact that he was kind of forced to do all what he did.

And Dolph Lundgren is a brilliant dude, he has tons of degrees in chemistry.

Why didn't he drop the goddamn towel though ?

:(

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Burning Heart is nice.  It makes you wanna jog at a good pace.

Hearts on Fire makes you wanna bench press a Yugo and beat the shit out of Cold War Russians.

Haha. I do love that description. Now both songs are stuck in my head. Might have to bust out my Rocky 4 Blu Ray tonight. 

• Like 1