#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the thing about SW compared to  other fan bases like Marvel, LOTR, HP and other franchises domestically is that it has appeal across such a massively wide demo, it is not even comparable. 

Sure there are many young people who think SW is old school or many people who think its geeky, however many older people think Superheros are lame or HP is not part of their generation and etc. 

Growing up watching films over the past 20+ years, myself, friends and family have been into many difference fan bases or franchises but to me the one I always found that most people got the references or jokes to always was always Star Wars.  

Also its all relative.

Star Trek is hugely popular but more due to the old TV show series.

HP popularity still stems from the books imo. 

No other franchise in the cinema history has ever been close to being as embedded in popular culture of one country as SW is to the US.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biph Shmata said:

I liked Kylo, the worst idea in the world would've been trying to out Vader Vader, he's the greatest villain in film history not named Michael Bay. The way they handled Kylo was smart and sets it up well for the next two movies.  

I think I didn't say welcome to you too

:welcome:

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Geez, man, get over yourself. :lol: 

And really, separate your feelings about the movie (and any inherent quality) from the box-office. There are plenty of movies I think are awful that make a ton of money. And the same goes for anyone - except what we think is "Awful", "OK", "good", and "awesome" isn't the same either.

No reason to take that part so seriously, just joking.:P Yeah I know what you're saying but this movie isn't plenty of other movies. It's the all time top domestic movie. All the #1 movies did something fresh or groundbreaking  to get its spot. Don't see what this did besides slap the Star Wars name on a good movie. I know I won't change your mind so we'll just agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

He forgot the comma I think.

TFA looking to be around Fri, 35m

Thank you, I realized it after a few moments, I need sometimes a bit longer, as I always assume its my language ability = telegram style is for me more difficult than normal written text