#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Aight, I know I'm drifting further off-topic, but I gotta pimp ZHIVAGO just a bit more, for those on the bubble. You've got one of the greatest visual directors ever, paired up with one of the great all-time cinematographers, working off a stellar (and Oscar-winning) script by the legendary Robert Bolt. Music by Maurice Jarre. You've got a great screen beauty, Julie Christie, you've got Omar Sharif, Ralph Richardson, Alec Guinness. You've got it all shot in epic 70mm -- and I mean epic, this is back when they'd get 10,000 extras for the crowd scenes.

3980494911_34c0270425.jpg

doctorzhivago2.jpg

DoctorZhivago4.jpg

doctor-zhivago_david-lean_21.jpg

doctor_zhivago_screenshot__lara_by_monsi

500full-doctor-zhivago-screenshot.jpg

Tele, you're old age is showing, these youngins don't know who or what any of that is.

• Like 2

Ooh, nice seducing Tele. Don't know if I've ever even seen a screen cap from it, but those all look mighty lovely. Hopefully I can make time to watch soon. Would be nice if there was a re-release/special engagement in theaters soon. Seen a few classic epics the first time that way like GWTW, Lawrence, and Bridge on the River Kwai. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Aight, I know I'm drifting further off-topic, but I gotta pimp ZHIVAGO just a bit more, for those on the bubble. You've got one of the greatest visual directors ever, paired up with one of the great all-time cinematographers, working off a stellar (and Oscar-winning) script by the legendary Robert Bolt. Music by Maurice Jarre. You've got a great screen beauty, Julie Christie, you've got Omar Sharif, Ralph Richardson, Alec Guinness. You've got it all shot in epic 70mm -- and I mean epic, this is back when they'd get 10,000 extras for the crowd scenes.

Plus the background of the forum is snowing... the perfect setting.

It doesn't help that someone a couple pages back posted the Amazon link AND I'm currently building a cart there (realized I didn't even have Avatar yet... what a great bundle these two movies would be)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Anyone here watch Macbeth?

I watch every version I can get my hands on. Not sure if I'll get to catch the new one in a cinema (but do hope for it)

I watched it today, and tought it was pretty good (9/10). Don't get why it didn't get a wider release... It had Fassbender, good reviews and a pretty action packrd trailer going for it, I tought it could do well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Anyone here watch Macbeth?

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

Yes, this past weekend. The atmosphere and cinematography were wonderful. Perhaps too much so as visuals often swamp the dialogue, which wasn't as an impactful as it should have been. I don't think this film gets us any closer to understanding what motivates Macbeth (admittedly a difficult thing to do).

37 minutes ago, #ED said:

Why does it get smaller on hump day? 

well after it maintained constant for 48 hrs , needs to curve down a little after the cold from the north get over the hump before rising again on weekend

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Some of my favorite movies are old 30's/40's rom-coms. Especially the Grant and Hepburn ones. Your post may describe some from my gen, but not me. :) And in all honesty, I feel like it more describes the teens of today, not the twenty somethings. 

Bringing up baby is my favorite with those two, The dialogue is snappy and filled with innuendo. With the depression on poking fun at rich people and slapstick was the way to go. They haven't been able to replicate successfully since. Its a zeitgeist thing I guess.

I worked with a lot of twenty something and they don't get a single movie quote pre 1990. They unanimously told me they haven't watched anything old. You must run in a cultured circle. Y'all read Austin and Bronte too?:D

Ooh Wuthering Heights 1939 They lay heavy on the violins on that one

Anything Capra

The zingers by the Marx brothers

• Like 3

Skipping Recent films or known films. 

GWTW A- : To long but what an epic iconic movie

SW: A.. Duh

Sound of Music: B+, music is good but thats it

ET: B-, ehhh not a sentimental person

Titanic: A-, Cameron at his best

The Ten Commandments: A-, I love this movie for its epic over the top dialogues

Jaws: A-, All hail Spielberg