#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

14 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

You might still win the Derby if you miss one week... however this week also starts the 1st Derby Tournament.  If you don't play this week you will be sitting on the sideline doing this for the other tournament players for the next month or so:

comical_crazy_daffy_dallas_cowboy_cheerl

Every week people go into the prediction page but don't complete all their picks.  I assume the plan to come back on thrusday but we're averaging about 15-20 players that end up not picking all 10 movies and getting excluded from that weeks game.

Derby Tournaments Master Thread

Make your Derby Predictions

I hope I'm up against you. I looked at some of your predictions. Did you have a monkey throw darts?:ph34r:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I hope I'm up against you. I looked at some of your predictions. Did you have a monkey throw darts?:ph34r:

My secret formula...

Spoiler

equations2-300x211.jpg

Actually... I spend so much time pimping the Derby that I end up not making my picks until Thursday night and usually pick a 'reasonable' drop without any research.

However if I fail this week I will attempt to sweet talk @Rth into giving me numbers 3 days in advance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't know. It's really difficult, these comparisons. Those old movies didn't need to compete with piracy and stuff like netflix, video games, etc.

Yeah but that's no excuse for ignoring the numbers.  We can apply context to admissions just as we do with gross numbers.  

• Like 1

I'm not saying it makes a noticeable difference but like half of the Star Wars fans who post in the BO thread on TFN saw the movie today lol. There were a lot of people at a matinee at my screening. It was busier than yesterday but it was also 3:40 not 12:20 so it's not comparable / relevant.

Still SW fans did what we could today :P Just rewatched ANH and I had my bottle of champagne: 10556477_415159155360593_905107271092669

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I'm not saying it makes a noticeable difference but like half of the Star Wars fans who post in the BO thread on TFN saw the movie today lol. There were a lot of people at a matinee at my screening. It was busier than yesterday but it was also 3:40 not 12:20 so it's not comparable / relevant.

Still SW fans did what we could today :P Just rewatched ANH and I had my bottle of champagne: 10556477_415159155360593_905107271092669

Should have had Blue Milk. Champagne is good too I guess. 

• Like 1

Hah yeah a friend of my girlfriend just gave me these pants for Christmas so I couldn't resist wearing them. I usually wear jeans HAHA but hey I was at home and figured these are comfy. Plus that way I could send the pic to the gift givers and be like see I'm using them! :P

Blue milk that's a great idea. Death Sticks might be nice too, but then I'd have to go home and rethink my life.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

No numbers on the day it beats AVATAR? @Rth

I guess I can forgive you because you're updates made my Christmas break a lot of fun. 

What are we thinking? Lows 7s, high 6s at worst? If the number was amazing (like flat or a very small drop) I would think we would have had a number by now. 

I know this is a penis innuendo but in lieu of an update I am going to take this as it. So its going to be down a little. :rolleyes:

"well after it maintained constant for 48 hrs , needs to curve down a little after the cold from the north get over the hump before rising again on weekend" -Rth

Edited by tokila

31 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

No numbers on the day it beats AVATAR? @Rth

I guess I can forgive you because you're updates made my Christmas break a lot of fun. 

What are we thinking? Lows 7s, high 6s at worst? If the number was amazing (like flat or a very small drop) I would think we would have had a number by now. 

I think anything above JW's 3rd Wednesday (5.9M) will be awesome. Considering we're in a post holiday winter weekday Wednesday coming off a discount Tuesday. Not to mention JW was in the middle of summer.

My realistic guess is 5.9-6.2 range.

My "Well... It IS Star Wars" guess is 6.9-7.4

I've never given my actual guesses in fear of being wrong and getting ridiculed... But I've decided I don't give a shit about that. Those are my guesses and I'm sticking to it. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

I think anything above JW's 3rd Wednesday (5.9M) will be awesome. Considering we're in a post holiday winter weekday Wednesday coming off a discount Tuesday. Not to mention JW was in the middle of summer.

My realistic guess is 5.9-6.2 range.

My "Well... It IS Star Wars" guess is 6.9-7.4

I've never given my actual guesses in fear of being wrong and getting ridiculed... But I've decided I don't give a shit about that. Those are my guesses and I'm sticking to it. emoji28.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's impossible above 7. Probably from 5.8 to 6.2.

6 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Jeez 5.8 would be pretty terrible! I hope not. No clue why Wednesday's are worse than Monday's frankly I'm way more likely to see a movie on Wednesday. I'm busiest Monday like most working people lol

In your country, Wednesday is the weakest day. Especially since there are reductions on Tuesday. In France, on Wednesday is a good day because the movies come out on Wednesday.
Edited by philippe08
  • Like 1

Yeah like I have followed the box office forever and noticed Wednesday is weak I've just never understood on a personal level why that's true. I used to go to discount Tuesday's all of the time but I admit between Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I would be most likely to go Thursday to see a brand new movie and Wednesday for an older film. So bizarre, moviegoing behavior.

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Jeez 5.8 would be pretty terrible! I hope not. No clue why Wednesday's are worse than Monday's frankly I'm way more likely to see a movie on Wednesday. I'm busiest Monday like most working people lol

For whatever reason a lot of people tend to stay home Wednesday nights. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) but this is the reason a lot of TV shows air on Wednesday and Thursday's. The ratings will be higher because more people are at home. 

People are also into their weekly routine by Wednesday... Probably more tired than they would be on a Monday. Which means they are likely to stay in and watch Netflix and go to bed.