#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

4 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Pretty much read my mind.

Newman pretending to be drunk...:rofl:

Probably my favorite Paul Newman moment 

Nah...the egg eating scene in Cool Hand Luke.

Which BTW is not listed on BOM but made 114m Adj. to 2016

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spizzer said:

This is why there's a good argument for looking at admissions as well as gross.

I don't know. It's really difficult, these comparisons. Those old movies didn't need to compete with piracy and stuff like netflix, video games, etc.

On that note, I really feel like the 3-day, 4-day, etc records are quite redundant with the "Fastest to ... x M" around. If a movie has the record for 6-day gross, you bet it also has the relevant "Fastest to ..." record as well!

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't know. It's really difficult, these comparisons. Those old movies didn't need to compete with piracy and stuff like netflix, video games, etc.

Smaller population does come into play as a disadvantage. But yeah, the $200 price point for the vcr in the mid 80s killed the amount of new entries into the top ten.  Only 2 in 30 years after having 4 in just 12.

• Like 1

Only 48 players have played all 3 games in the derby. Don't forget to play. With the point system you can't miss a week and win a month or even a quarter. I don't want to win this thing by default. Funny, my percentage for the first 3 weeks is about the same as it was for 8 years on bom. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Only 48 players have played all 3 games in the derby. Don't forget to play. With the point system you can't miss a week and win a month or even a quarter. I don't want to win this thing by default. Funny, my percentage for the first 3 weeks is about the same as it was for 8 years on bom. 

You might still win the Derby if you miss one week... however this week also starts the 1st Derby Tournament.  If you don't play this week you will be sitting on the sideline doing this for the other tournament players for the next month or so:

comical_crazy_daffy_dallas_cowboy_cheerl

Every week people go into the prediction page but don't complete all their picks.  I assume the plan to come back on thrusday but we're averaging about 15-20 players that end up not picking all 10 movies and getting excluded from that weeks game.

Derby Tournaments Master Thread

Make your Derby Predictions

• Like 1