Impact

What 2015 film will win the most Oscars?

Most Oscars  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Most Oscars

• The Big Short
    • Bridge of Spies
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • The Martian
    • The Revenant
    • Spotlight
    • Another film not listed (say what film if you vote for this)

BTW-I could of put it will be a tie-which wouldn't surprise me if it is-but that kind of takes away the joy of doing this. The only other film I could see having the most is Mad Max to be honest though.

• Like 1

I currently have Mad Max and Martian with 2 each (MM-editing and makeup, Martian with the 2 sound awards), as for Revenant, I'm thinking picture, actor and 2 other ones-not sure what yet though.

• Like 1

Really hard to say. Should be Max, unless The Big Short is the BP/BD winner, in which case it would likely steal editing away from Max. TFA could also upset Max in Special effects. MM might just win the two sound awards, production, and makeup while TBS ties with 4 wins as well. The other scenario being if the Revenant really does take the big two, it already has actor and cinematography on lock and could then carry a bunch of its technical noms.  

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I now have Revenant with 4 as I changed cinematography from TH8 to Revenant.

Sound I could see Martian, Mad Max, Star Wars or Revenant winning. That and sound editing are 2 that I really am unsure about.

3: The Big Short (Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay), Mad Max: Fury Road (Editing, Makeup, Production Design)

2: The Revenant (Actor, Cinematography), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (VFX, Sound Mixing)

1: Carol (Supporting Actress), Cinderella (Costume Design), Creed (Supporting Actor), The Hateful Eight (Score), Inside Out (Animated), Room (Actress), Sicario (Sound Editing), Spectre (Song), Spotlight (Original Screenplay)

Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, and The Martian go home with nothing. There's also a good chance TFA wins the most (everything but Editing).

As I said earlier-Mad Max, Spies and Martian (oh and Brooklyn) all have less of a chance winning then Room-given the combos they have-Mad Max has no screenplay+no acting while the other films have no director+no editing, none of those have happened since Grand Hotel (this was brought up to why Avatar wouldn't win BP)

Edit: Though I have Room in last place for BP-and in all honesty I be more shocked by that taking home picture then any other film besides Brooklyn.

• Like 1