Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That reminded me of this viral video from the pre-youtube days.

Wow!  That's pretty frikkin awesome!

• Community Manager
Just now, The Futurist said:

So what s the new insult that is hot among teenagers when they want to trash something they don't like ?

Trump. "It's so trump." "That car tastes a lot like Trump." "Don't go trumping."

One can wish.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I'm in JB Hi Fi. Blu Rays are 20% off. PP1 and PP2 combo pack is only 24 Aussie dollars. That's like 2 US dollars. Should I?

Do they have special features @DeeCee

I'll buy pretty much anything on DVD or BR if they special features are good.  For example, I despised Zombie's Halloween, but then Zombie put out a 3 disc Halloween and it had something like 8 hours of special features, including lots of making of and commentary and such.  I bought it for ten dollars.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the features....never did watch the movie but it was still money well spent.

• Like 1

I've never seen someone so insecure in their own sexuality in my entire life. This shit is fucking comical.

Also, this is the same dude who said it was ok for his dad to like "gay movies" and wear pink because he's rich and drives a Ferrari. Dude is like if every frat guy in your local gym formed into some sort of super bro Voltron. 

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

LOL, first of all, I love tons of movies in general from all genres. But there's no other way to put it -- Pitch Perfect is the ultimate chick flick / gay guy movie. It's a bunch of girls snapping their fingers, doing silly little dances, and singing painfully. I mean really? I'm a straight guy, I don't really see what there is for me to appreciate in that film. It's beyond awful. Awful would be like what critics are calling Dirty Grandpa. Pitch Perfect is torture. Literally $1,000 wouldn't be sufficient to make me watch it again. I don't need the money that badly and that experience was scarring enough the first time.

Then again, didn't you say you love Titanic? I mean... again. My 13-year-old sister also loved Titanic. When she was 13. It's a cheesy romance but at least it has some great production values and amazing views of the ship. It does offer something, anyway. It's still a solidly made film, even if it's pure cheese on the "story." Pitch Perfect offers no such break from the ultimate gayness of the whole thing. I don't really know what other word to use, to be honest. It's just really, really gay.

What'd you think of MAGIC MIKE XXL? :) 

edit: LOL, never mind, I was a couple pages behind. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I've never seen someone so insecure in their own sexuality in my entire life. This shit is fucking comical.

Also, this is the same dude who said it was ok for his dad to like "gay movies" and wear pink because he's rich and drives a Ferrari. Dude is like if every frat guy in your local gym formed into some sort of super bro Voltron. 

Even frat houses in today's climate are not like that though @Cmasterclay....it would have to be a frat house run by the Alpha Beta's and one of their leaders is some guy name Ogre who drinks beer and belches and has a grade point average of 0.5, but can play football......and exists only in the 80's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Even frat houses in today's climate are not like that though @Cmasterclay....it would have to be a frat house run by the Alpha Beta's and one of their leaders is some guy name Ogre who drinks beer and belches and has a grade point average of 0.5, but can play football......and exists only in the 80's.

I don't know, there's certainly some douchey frat guys at GW and southern state schools. But yea, dude is acting like a villain in a 1980s teen comedy, I keep expecting him to tell us about how he bullied Jon Cryer or something. 

• Like 6

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That would ironically haze pledges by paddling them, stripping them naked, and covering their bodies with oil.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

That would ironically haze pledges by paddling them, stripping them naked, and covering their bodies with oil.

jobs.png

• Like 5

I liked musicals when I was younger, now I can't stand them. Only ones I like are animated ones and a few classic ones (Mary Poppins and Music Man).

(well one person did bring up they use to like horror but now as they are older they love animated films more)

Pitch Perfect is the type of movie I would dislike. Give me action over that any day!

1 minute ago, Impact said:

I liked musicals when I was younger, now I can't stand them. Only ones I like are animated ones and a few classic ones (Mary Poppins and Music Man).

(well one person did bring up they use to like horror but now as they are older they love animated films more)

Pitch Perfect is the type of movie I would dislike. Give me action over that any day!

Of course, there really aren't many musicals made any more. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

Of course, there really aren't many musicals made any more. 

True.

Newsies wasn't that bad, and I did enjoy Sweeney Todd.

But films like Chicago are bleh. (I actually know quite a few musical fans who hated Into the Woods, mainly due to how it was long, dark and weird, I didn't watch it myself so I can't comment)