Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Wow... spent the day shoveling snow and trapped in the house watching blurays and the Cavs welcome their new coach by laying an egg. I check in for some numbers and it's nothing but wrestling and, and, and.... so much man love....

Yeah, I'm going to grab and an ax from the garage, go out into the snow and start chopping down trees. Then I'll carry in the firewood and start watching every Stallone and Arnold movie I have. If any of the women in the house complain about my not showering or shaving I'll put them in their place Connery style with a quick back hand and order them to fix me something to eat. Like a man, a real man! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think plenty more were asking for Zoolander 2 than Dumb and Dumber To...

I gotta say the Dumber 2 trailer just told everyone it was a shell of the original. Zoolander 2 actually looks like it tries.

Huge difference.

Maybe the OW won't be too different but the legs could be stronger than usual.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jedieb said:

Wow... spent the day shoveling snow and trapped in the house watching blurays and the Cavs welcome their new coach by laying an egg. I check in for some numbers and it's nothing but wrestling and, and, and.... so much man love....

Yeah, I'm going to grab and an ax from the garage, go out into the snow and start chopping down trees. Then I'll carry in the firewood and start watching every Stallone and Arnold movie I have. If any of the women in the house complain about my not showering or shaving I'll put them in their place Connery style with a quick back hand and order them to fix me something to eat. Like a man, a real man! 

You mean you don't have a stable of hoes from your 15 favorite countries.

I recommend Brazilian, Thai and Russian.

They shovel snow too.

Naked. :ph34r:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think plenty more were asking for Zoolander 2 than Dumb and Dumber To...

Dumb and Dumber ($127M in 1994) and Anchorman ($85M in 2004) were both much bigger movies upon release than Zoolander ($45M in 2001) was.

I wish all of you could see my snapchat story !

Last night when my friends and I got home from the boy, we made this 3 minute spoof of it involving a Lawn Gnome named Bradshaw. We put it on my story at 2AM and I kept getting messages from people "f*** I watched that while high now I'm messed up." It was awesome.

Also, I saw the 5th Wave tonight. Wasn't fantastic, but it is probably the only 2016 movie so far that wouldn't get a "fresh" review from moi.

Edited by DAJK

This storm has got to be brutal on the numbers this weekend. We may not be back in school here in SW, Virginia until Wed. But, the main roads should be in great shape by Monday so maybe I'll be able to sneak in a quick trip to the movies. Anything to get out of the house! 

But tomorrow belongs to football. I'm hoping Manning can ride off into the sunset with a win. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I wish all of you could see my snapchat story !

Last night when my friends and I got home from the boy, we made this 3 minute spoof of it involving a Lawn Gnome named Bradshaw. We put it on my story at 2AM and I kept getting messages from people "f*** I watched that while high now I'm messed up." It was awesome.

Also, I saw the 5th Wave tonight. Wasn't fantastic, but it is probably the only 2016 movie so far that wouldn't get a "fresh" review from moi.

Did you see Hateful 8?

39 minutes ago, jedieb said:

This storm has got to be brutal on the numbers this weekend. We may not be back in school here in SW, Virginia until Wed. But, the main roads should be in great shape by Monday so maybe I'll be able to sneak in a quick trip to the movies. Anything to get out of the house! 

But tomorrow belongs to football. I'm hoping Manning can ride off into the sunset with a win. 

I want Cam to beat Brady at the Superbowl.

Just so the Patriot fans can eat some humble pie.

And carolina can get their first ring!

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did you see Hateful 8?

Yes but I'd consider that a 2015 movie. Same with Revenant.

Still, I would actually give Hateful 8 a rotten rating. I actually didn't really like that film at all :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jedieb said:

Image result for sean connery a woman deserves slap once in a while

I remember watching the interview. He never apologized for that one. You gotta love Sean. Scotts are batshit crazy. Inspiration for the wildlings

Bridge of Spies is really good. Perhaps not great, but it really shows Spielberg's sure hand as a director. It's not even about technical artistry, just that he knows very well what needs to be shot and shown and what doesn't.

I'm still trying to figure out if Michael Gaston wandered in off of The Blindspot into this or vice versa, because he plays the exact same character in both.

Thomas Newman does a much better John Williams impression here than Michael Giacchino did in JW.

• Like 2

Saturday Update, 11:38 PM: Tough luck for all new films and the holdovers this weekend as theaters in major markets — New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, D.C., Virginia, and Baltimore — were paralyzed by winter superstorm Jonas. The snowy monster is still pummeling New York and there has been coastal flooding in New Jersey. Every picture’s gross was shaved off from it … here’s the Top Five tonight: No. 1 is Fox’s The Revenant which brought in an estimated $8M and change for a Saturday increase of about 68%. It should easily push past $16M for the three-day in its fifth weekend of release \

Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens,still in 3,365 theaters in its sixth weekend of play, continues its climb with roughly $7.1M tonight and could bring in another $13.8M to $14M+ for the three-day. The film which has broken pretty much every record you can think of will have a cume of $879M after this weekend. In the third spot is Ride Along 2 from Universal, which is in its second weekend and will do better than initially predicted this AM as it rose about 68% tonight and should bring in over $13M. Still dropping about 65% in its sophomore frame which was more than anyone expected.

Lionsgate/Bill Block Media’s Dirty Grandpa‘s box office receipts rose roughly 8.5% tonight to pull in about $4.4M to $4.6M for a new three-day tally of about $11M. The raunchy comedy that stars Robert De Niro and Zac Efron sits at No. 4. STX/Lakeshore’s horror film The Boy rounds out the Top Five with around $4.7M tonight for a weekend tally of a $10.7M to $10.9M three-day weekend. The other new offering was Sony’s sci-fi film The 5th Wave and it ended up with the highest increase from yesterday among the three newbies (about 30%) to bring in about $4.4M tonight. The film is looking at a possible three-day cume of around $10.35M. While New York will be digging out and New Jersey will be trying to get the Atlantic Ocean out of their streets, tomorrow is a big football day so … just a tough weekend all around. More in the AM.

• Like 5